Hello, My name is...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello, everyone. I am a bit new around here and figured I'd stop by and introduce myself.

My name is Ashley, and I am a 23 year old wife and mother. I have always loved animals, and have been around them for as long as I can remember. I've had all manner of pets- dogs, cats, fish, birds, snakes, lizards, mice, etc. I've worked as a stable hand in horse barns, I've worked as a veterinary assistant, I've groomed dogs, cats and small animals, I've got a tech degree in Animal Science, and I currently work at a local Pet store.

I live in an apartment at the moment, though I really wish we had the money to buy our own home because it's too small for our growing family. I have two cats (Shadow, an 8 year old DSH, and Willow, a 2 year old D"M"H), a bearded dragon (Loki, 1 1/2 year old), and a 55 gallon fish tank.

My tank is situated in the back corner of the "dining room" away from the most commotion in the house. It is lightly planted, towards the back, with various plastic plants, as well as a bit of anacharis. The stone is "natural" colored, and we have a rock shelter, as well as a hollow root-type shelter. The background is black to help hide the wires from our heater and two filters, and to make the colors of the fish and plants pop more. In it I have 5 Tiger Barbs, 1 Gold Gourami, 2 Clown Loaches, and 1 Hifin Pleco.

We DO have plans to get a larger tank (I'm hoping for a 120) as soon as we get our own home. Technically, we aren't even supposed to have this large of an aquarium, but no one ever checks. I know, the clown loaches get big and that they prefer large groups. I rescued from a 'friend' who had them in a 20 gallon that was already way too full of Mollys & Platys. He was tired of them, they were sickly, and he was just going to flush them.

Anyways... I'm always ready to learn more about animals, and maybe I can offer advice from my own experience, as well!

Welcome tot he forum! Would love to see any pics that you have, this is a very picture friendly forum LOL

I'll have to take some updated pics of my tank, because currently the only one I have is set as my avvy. Its my tank when we first set it up and started cycling it.

I have plenty of pics of my cats and dragon, though.

636531311_2275518933_0.jpeg

img_1535461_1_861d90f3e90d0abb20bcd3a009f39ec4.jpg

img_1535461_2_2d872ed1b8ba8a60ea4dfae23bd54bbf.jpg

Thats odd. I posted a picture, maybe it was too much though?

img_1535549_0_c5e91065919fc25e22cc8996a68ddf87.jpg

Back
Top Bottom