Hello! New from Ohio!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OwlByNature

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello. I am 15 years old as of this September. I had a fish tank when I was younger, and my parents took care of it. We got rid of that tank at some point, but a few months ago I bought my own tank, and so I figured I'll need lots of advice as my tank grows. As of right now I have a ten gallon tank with 6 guppies, a silver molly, a black molly and an albino bristlenose pleco. I know that's a little over stocked, but I have so far succeeded in keeping the tank very clean with frequent water changes. I've already learned a lot, just from reading forums on this site. I remember having 4 to 5 goldfish along with angel fish, frogs and plecos in a ten gallon tank when I was younger, and now looking back on it, I regret it. Hopefully I'll learn a lot more bout taking care of my fish, and when I'm older I hope I'll be able to buy an even bigger tank. As of right now my parents will not allow it, haha.
I do have a question! Or two. My pleco has disappeared. I haven't seen it all day and I'm worried! I'm sure he's in the tank somewhere, but how long should I wait before I should be really worried?
Secondly, what does fish fighting look like opposed to fish breeding? My tequila sunrise guppy (male) has been harassing my silver molly (female) and I know that it is possible for them to breed and have hybrid fry.
Advice, anyone?

Well, i can't help you with those questions, but welcome to AA! I'm a 15 year old too! And i'm sure there are quite a few people who can help you out!

Hello. I am 15 years old as of this September. I had a fish tank when I was younger, and my parents took care of it. We got rid of that tank at some point, but a few months ago I bought my own tank, and so I figured I'll need lots of advice as my tank grows. As of right now I have a ten gallon tank with 6 guppies, a silver molly, a black molly and an albino bristlenose pleco. I know that's a little over stocked, but I have so far succeeded in keeping the tank very clean with frequent water changes. I've already learned a lot, just from reading forums on this site. I remember having 4 to 5 goldfish along with angel fish, frogs and plecos in a ten gallon tank when I was younger, and now looking back on it, I regret it. Hopefully I'll learn a lot more bout taking care of my fish, and when I'm older I hope I'll be able to buy an even bigger tank. As of right now my parents will not allow it, haha.
I do have a question! Or two. My pleco has disappeared. I haven't seen it all day and I'm worried! I'm sure he's in the tank somewhere, but how long should I wait before I should be really worried?
Secondly, what does fish fighting look like opposed to fish breeding? My tequila sunrise guppy (male) has been harassing my silver molly (female) and I know that it is possible for them to breed and have hybrid fry.
Advice, anyone?

First question- i have a BN pleco that disappears in my 150g all the time. When i can find him he is doin some weird ninja/ upside down stuff on a rock XD so i wouldnt be worried about it.

Second question- since they are guppies i would bet on them breeding. I dont really know what guppy fighting would be but its most likely breeding.

Welcome! Im 15 too! There are a bunch of teens here on AA and a lot of knowledgable people! Hope you like it here

First question- i have a BN pleco that disappears in my 150g all the time. When i can find him he is doin some weird ninja/ upside down stuff on a rock XD so i wouldnt be worried about it.

Second question- since they are guppies i would bet on them breeding. I dont really know what guppy fighting would be but its most likely breeding.

Welcome! Im 15 too! There are a bunch of teens here on AA and a lot of knowledgable people! Hope you like it here

Yeah my BN pleco hides behind my heater all the time! And yeah, there are quite a few teens, i'm sure some will introduce themselves at some point!

Thanks guys! I just went up to check on my tank and I still don't see my pleco. :( I'm sure I'll find him soon! :)

But a new problem has arose! My silver molly was in the back of the tank beneath some plants last night, and she's still there! She just is swimming back and forth along a small area of the tank, very slowly. I did accidentally over feed them yesterday, could that be it?

Back
Top Bottom