Hello New Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ane

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

My name is Ane. I got my first FW Aquariam about a year and a half ago. It was a 29 gallon tank. Over the summer I inherited 3 fish from a friend whose tank broke. After picking them up one that was a 8 inch Kissing Gourami (named Big Mama) I realized I needed a bigger tank. I purchased a 75gallon tank and stand. I now have a 405 Fluval Canister filter.

My big reason to come on here is to learn more about keeping my fish and helping them to thrive. My water has been testing very good for a long while now. I'm interested in picking up another Pleco that would get larger. Only problem is they seem to either be 4 inch fish or 25 inch fish. I'd like one that's around 8-10 inches at full growth. I'm also looking to add more fish to the tank itself but I'd like smaller ones. My fish tend to situate near the middle of one side with my Orange Gourami (meow-meow) hanging out at the top along with the rainbow fish. I had a pictus and a rafael cat both of whom seemed to come down with something brought into the old tank and died over the summer. I'm looking for some fish that will either inhabit the top of the tank or the bottom they don't need to be large fish as I have a few that are going to get big and I don't want to over crowd the tank. Any recommendations are welcome.

I am not looking for agressive fish as I hate to see my fish die. I become attached fast. I'm looking for something that is active and likes to swim. I have bad luck with sword tails, and for some reason gouramis have a hard time adapting to the tank atleast my last batch. I introduced three different gouramis and two of the three didn't make it. I also have an "earth mover" I forget his actual name, but we call him Paco.

Sorry for the rambling
Ane

Back
Top Bottom