Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #161
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I forgot to ask what color is ur gravel it looks similar to what I have like acarribean blue and black mixed together

Old 02-03-2012, 08:16 PM   #162
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr8zykelley
I think the one I looked at was a little smaller then yours I cant remember where I saw it cool they pre soak it! yeah Ill let u know they dont ship plants until monday so prob wont get them til wed I am thinking he said he had a good big water sprite hope he sends me that!! I getting everything ready to get red cherry shrimp but want to get some over on the bottom for them so that they can hide and stuff
I love cherry shrimp, but I think with my potential stocking list, they will all get eaten. The only shrimp that will work I believe are the amano shrimp. I know I want some java fern, anubias, hornwort, amazon swords, and some dwarf sag for the foreground of my tank. I'm sure ill end up re-doing my tank too, once I start to add more plants. If you want the website to where I got my driftwood, let me know. They also sell what they call "centerpiece" pieces of wood, as well a small bundles of wood.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #163
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
I forgot to ask what color is ur gravel it looks similar to what I have like acarribean blue and black mixed together
My gravel is actually a mixture of some colored gravel which was blue and green, then another bag which contained all the bright colors you see, then I bought a bag of just black gravel, and there's also a bag of FloraMax plant substrate in there. If I could start over again, I would've went dirt at bottom, and black gravel on top.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:20 PM   #164

yeah!! what is that site I would like to check them out.. I was talkin w retired AF on here and gave him whats in my tank and what I might add and he said it should be fine so I hope I think they are so cool I was going to get ghost shrimp but the life span is so short so I wanted something it might last
Old 02-03-2012, 08:25 PM   #165
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
yeah!! what is that site I would like to check them out.. I was talkin w retired AF on here and gave him whats in my tank and what I might add and he said it should be fine so I hope I think they are so cool I was going to get ghost shrimp but the life span is so short so I wanted something it might last
The website is aquariumdriftwood.com. The guy, Andy, is really nice and great with communication. What types of fish do you have in your tank, and what are you planning on getting?
Old 02-03-2012, 08:29 PM   #166

cool thanks-- Right now I have 3 fancy tails guppies 1 male and 2 females, 5 black neons thats it... I want to get 5-6 reg neons on the next trip my oldest daughter wants them so bad so I think thats what we will get I wait 14 days between adding new fish to the tank so the bio-load has time to catch up... So we added the BN on jan 23rd... So no new neons until at least feb 9th
Old 02-03-2012, 08:50 PM   #167
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Hey do you only have a single t8?
Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:07 AM   #168

Send a message via ICQ to catskinner
I am a 40+ year vetran of the freshwater aquarium hobby, but a relative newcomer to the reef hobby. We raise angle fish and corydoras cats on a small scale, also various livebearers.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:05 AM   #169
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumma.of.two View Post
Hey do you only have a single t8?
Yes, I only have a single T8. Is this a problem?
Old 02-04-2012, 02:09 AM   #170
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by catskinner
I am a 40+ year vetran of the freshwater aquarium hobby, but a relative newcomer to the reef hobby. We raise angle fish and corydoras cats on a small scale, also various livebearers.
Welcome!

Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beginner planted tank, cycling a fish tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com