Hello, New Member Here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mumma.of.two said:
That's good :) still waiting for pictures! :p

haha I know. It's so hard to take pictures though becuase they swim away everytime I try. And all I have is my phone.

So my surviving female rasbora has clamped fins, and the white, cloudy film that was on her head has spread. Right now she's just swimming around in circles at the top of the tank. She also loses her balance when she bumps into something.

I just did a 50% water change and she seems a bit more active. Anyone have any ideas what the white, cloudy film is? Also, how do I treat for clamped fins. Do I need to have the temp. higher, or lower?

Need help!

scottb said:
So my surviving female rasbora has clamped fins, and the white, cloudy film that was on her head has spread. Right now she's just swimming around in circles at the top of the tank. She also loses her balance when she bumps into something.

I just did a 50% water change and she seems a bit more active. Anyone have any ideas what the white, cloudy film is? Also, how do I treat for clamped fins. Do I need to have the temp. higher, or lower?

Need help!

Do you still have your old tank? Or a large (2.5g+) tub? I would separate her from the others. Clamped find are a symptom of stress and disease. I would treat her with some salt. 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons of water. Dissolve in some tank water and add it slowly over a day or so. Keep her at 72-74F. It sounds like bacterial or fungal infection.

Mumma.of.two said:
Do you still have your old tank? Or a large (2.5g+) tub? I would separate her from the others. Clamped find are a symptom of stress and disease. I would treat her with some salt. 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons of water. Dissolve in some tank water and add it slowly over a day or so. Keep her at 72-74F. It sounds like bacterial or fungal infection.

I separated her and added a small amount of salt. After a few hours, I went to check on her and she wasn't doing well. About a half hour or so later, she finally gave in. Hopefully none of my other fish have whatever it is she had. Any precautions I should/could take?

I'm sorry to hear that. Your not having much luck are you. :(
Clean water, no stress, good food and a little bit of salt in the main tank ( salt just for a week IMO) will help ward off any disease.

So after a couple days of no issues, 2 of my Rasboras, 1 male and 1 female, are showing the same symptoms as the last female who died.... The only positive note is that they don't look as bad. I just got done doing a 25% water change. I just don't really get what's wrong. Hopefully it's nothing on my part. If I lose these two, I don't think I'll purchase anymore harlequin rasboras...

Mumma.of.two said:
That sucks. I'm sorry. :( I had many issues with them until I ended up with my 6.

They seem to be doing better after the water change. I'll have to just hope that in the morning, I find everyone alive and doing well.

Back
Top Bottom