Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-08-2012, 11:05 PM   #211
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumma.of.two
All sounds good! A QT is an excellent idea. Saves potentially infecting existing fish with disease.
Funny thing is, a QT tank never crossed my mind, until reading through the numerous threads here on AA. I will most likely hold off on the 10g until after my 36g is fully cycled though. I'm going pretty broke anyways with all the upgrades haha. But, I did find an AquaClear 50 for $25.52 on Amazon, including shipping! Or I could get the 70 for $10 more, but I feel that may be overdoing it. Nonetheless, pretty sweet deal, if I say so myself.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:18 PM   #212
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottb

Funny thing is, a QT tank never crossed my mind, until reading through the numerous threads here on AA. I will most likely hold off on the 10g until after my 36g is fully cycled though. I'm going pretty broke anyways with all the upgrades haha. But, I did find an AquaClear 50 for $25.52 on Amazon, including shipping! Or I could get the 70 for $10 more, but I feel that may be overdoing it. Nonetheless, pretty sweet deal, if I say so myself.
Wow I'm jealous! I'm looking at a AC 70 for my goldfish tank and they go for $80-$110 here!!!

Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:23 PM   #213
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Wow I'm jealous! I'm looking at a AC 70 for my goldfish tank and they go for $80-$110 here!!!
Oh dear god thats a joke. I can get it for 40 and ship it to you for less. But i have no idea how much shipping is.. Must be alot
Old 02-08-2012, 11:26 PM   #214
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel

Oh dear god thats a joke. I can get it for 40 and ship it to you for less. But i have no idea how much shipping is.. Must be alot
I know. It's ridiculous!! Everything's so expensive here. A 500mL bottle of Prime is $40 or more!
Old 02-08-2012, 11:32 PM   #215
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

I know. It's ridiculous!! Everything's so expensive here. A 500mL bottle of Prime is $40 or more!
What?! Cant you just buy it online? Or get someone over here to buy your stuff and send it over?
Old 02-08-2012, 11:37 PM   #216
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel

What?! Cant you just buy it online? Or get someone over here to buy your stuff and send it over?
That is online!! Lol. Shipping from America IME is $20-$40 or more depending what it is. I usually find bargains on eBay. Some people must ship in whole cartons of the stuff then sell it on. I'm still looking at filters. Going to see if I can find me a bargain!
Old 02-08-2012, 11:40 PM   #217
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

That is online!! Lol. Shipping from America IME is $20-$40 or more depending what it is. I usually find bargains on eBay. Some people must ship in whole cartons of the stuff then sell it on. I'm still looking at filters. Going to see if I can find me a bargain!
Wow..... Thats crazy! Goodluck with bargin hunting!!! I thought 40$ for a 70 was expensive.....
Old 02-09-2012, 12:46 AM   #218
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:

WHAAAT!?!? That's outrageous. Not to rub it in or anything, but I'm getting a 500mL bottle of Prime for just under $13. If I lived out by you, I'd probably not get into this hobby for fear of going broke!
Old 02-09-2012, 01:30 AM   #219
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's so weird because I order flea and tick meds for my dogs and they get shipped cheaper from Australia than from anywhere here. Go figure. Hey Mumma, maybe you could start importing on a large scale for yourself and other hobbyists to get cheaper stuff, haha. Maybe it could pay for your fish stuff.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:02 AM   #220
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottb

WHAAAT!?!? That's outrageous. Not to rub it in or anything, but I'm getting a 500mL bottle of Prime for just under $13. If I lived out by you, I'd probably not get into this hobby for fear of going broke!
Haha! I'm surprised I'm not!

Tags
beginner planted tank, cycling a fish tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com