Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-19-2012, 03:39 PM   #291
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Nope just goes to show who the stronger species truly is ~
Will do

Old 02-19-2012, 05:33 PM   #292
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr8zykelley
Nope just goes to show who the stronger species truly is ~
Will do
haha, I guess so =).

Old 02-22-2012, 01:19 PM   #293
Aquarium Advice Freak

UPDATE: My remaining 4 survivors are still alive and well. I'm pretty sure I'm nearing the end of my cycle, or at least I hope I am!

I've been rethinking my stock list, and so far I'm thinking this:

8 Harlequin Rasbora
4 Otocinclus
1 Male GBR (possibly a pair)

This is where I'm at right now. I know, not much haha. I would love to get a clown loach, but sadly they get too big for my tank. I would appreciate some suggestions on what else I can add!

Will 4 Oto cats be enough or should I possibly add a BN Pleco? Or maybe some shrimp? Someone said they have successfully kept GBR with red cherry shrimp. If this would work, I wouldn't mind adding some RCS.

Thanks for the help!
Old 02-22-2012, 02:16 PM   #294
Aquarium Advice Regular

well if you like loaches you should try YOYO loaches they do grow to be about 6 inches. Im not sure what size your tank is but these are good loaches i cant say how they ae with shrimp. My yoyos are in my 55 gal tank with Angels, gouromis, corycats and Plecos.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:07 PM   #295
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflychild
well if you like loaches you should try YOYO loaches they do grow to be about 6 inches. Im not sure what size your tank is but these are good loaches i cant say how they ae with shrimp. My yoyos are in my 55 gal tank with Angels, gouromis, corycats and Plecos.
I did look at yoyo loaches, but I have a 36g tank so I don't think they'll work. I want either an albino bushy, not bristle nose pleco, or a pitbull pleco I believe they're called. I was looking at possibly a dwarf gourami. What kind of gouramis do you have?
Old 02-22-2012, 03:18 PM   #296
Aquarium Advice Regular

Well yoyo's might be ok for you i have 6 yoyos and have had them about a year and they are only about 2 and a half inches long i think they take a very long time before they get to there 6 inches. Oh i have 2 Gold, 3 Kissing, 1 Pearl,2 Blue, 1 Opaline and 2 Dwarf.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:47 PM   #297
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

What about kuhli loaches? They stay smaller (about 4 inches and skinny) and like groups of 5 or more. You could have 4 ottos but you will have to wait at least 6 months for enough algae to grow to sustain them.
A dwarf gourami should be ok.
A second school of something would fit also.
I would choose between the ottos and pleco if it where me. My favorites are bristlenoses. I have male albino, male brown, female brown and a juvie albino and I love them!
Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:51 PM   #298
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumma.of.two
What about kuhli loaches? They stay smaller (about 4 inches and skinny) and like groups of 5 or more. You could have 4 ottos but you will have to wait at least 6 months for enough algae to grow to sustain them.
A dwarf gourami should be ok.
A second school of something would fit also.
I would choose between the ottos and pleco if it where me. My favorites are bristlenoses. I have male albino, male brown, female brown and a juvie albino and I love them!
When you say choose between the ottos and pleco, do you mean pick one or the other? What about Julii cory cats? And thanks for the tip. I'll wait to get the Oto cats. I would also like another schooling fish, just not sure which one...there are just so many!!
Old 02-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #299
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflychild
Well yoyo's might be ok for you i have 6 yoyos and have had them about a year and they are only about 2 and a half inches long i think they take a very long time before they get to there 6 inches. Oh i have 2 Gold, 3 Kissing, 1 Pearl,2 Blue, 1 Opaline and 2 Dwarf.
Do you find that they get along well? Any advice in keeping them? If I do decide on a gourami, I will only get a single male. Any recommendations?
Old 02-22-2012, 11:43 PM   #300
Aquarium Advice Regular

well all in all they all get along fine. The kissing gouramis fight now and then but not to often. They all get along fine in my tank. I dont know what i have males or females. Well as recommendations on which kind of male to get i cant help you there as i dont know how to tell males from females. i just order the kind of fish and take as i get them.

Tags
beginner planted tank, cycling a fish tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com