Hello, new to forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luvruben

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi
I am new to this forum, but have had freshwater tanks off and on for about 25 years.
I have learned a lot, mostly by making a lot of mistakes, but also from forums like this.
I have a thing for large cichlids and catfish and other big guys that I’m sure I will never have enough space to keep, lol.
Until I win the lottery and have that 1000 gallon Dovii or Pacu tank I will enjoy my Oscars and my little guys, the Corys and bushynose plecos.
Recent little guys (little for now) that I added are 7 Clown Loaches. They are in the 55 gallon for now with the Corys and Plecos. When they are larger they will move to one of the Oscar tanks, and I’m hoping he is nice about it. This tank is 8ft and 200 gallon and hopefully they will enjoy the length for swimming. The Oscar is the only inhabitant now and pretty mellow, as Oscars go...
The other Oscar has her own 100 gallon tank because she does not seem to want to share any space, and that was that.
Anyway, those are the current fishies. Looking forward to this site and people’s experiences...

Thank you all!
Wow, that is a gorgeous Koi tank...I have never seen anything like that...so unique!
I am feeling a little bit guilty...I ended up getting 8 little Clown Loaches. They are little now so they are in my 55. When they are bigger they will go in the 8 foot tank. The Oscar in that tank has had a deformed mouth since he was a baby and can’t open it very far, but the Loaches will still need to be at least 4-5 inches.
I think the guilty feeling is because it felt like an impulse buy, even though I have wanted either Clown Loaches or Silver Dollars for over 2 years and have read up on them quite a bit. I also feel weird about mixing fish from different regions....But .I think the Oscar will be ok with sand substrate as long as I leave a few rocks ( he likes to build things with rocks). He is already used to strong current, I have an FX5 on that tank. And he already likes lower light, I keep the tank somewhat dim.
They tested PH and hardness for me from the tank the Loaches were in at at the store where I got them and mine is the same, so hopefully that works out. So far they seem happy and playful.
At some point I know they will outgrow the 8 foot tank...I think I can probably find a bit bigger by then and still pretty much occupy the same space....I am pretty resourceful when it comes to finding large tanks. The 8 foot tank is from a place near us that makes movie and TV props. It was used a couple of times in some movie or TV show, then they did not need it anymore, and they sell the props afterward so it was a little over $100 and holds water just fine, and does not look bad..fingers crossed my little guys do OK and eventually move in to it!

Please help with my parrot fish?
I just had my parrot fish which has the same problem. Started with white mouth then got worse with whitty stuff hanging the mouth.seem mouth rot.
In my tank i have also yellow labs, 1 more parrot and 1 taiwan reef which is aggressive, 2 serpae tetra & 15 zebra danio.
I have put in a cage in the fish tank itself. So that it get the air pump and medcine anti baterial.
Please advise

Back
Top Bottom