Hello - new to the hobby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

billie_s_uk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, just found this site as I'm new to the hobby and hoping To get some good advice, and tips!
Recently got a tank from someone as the actual owner had died! So didn't expect to be in at the deep end with fish and not much knowledge, so all I've been doing is researching everything.
Tank came with 4 mollies 1 platy 1 cherry barb (i think??) and it did come with 2 silver dollars but they were large ones so gave them to the local aquatics shop since I thought they were too big (or was going to get too big) for my tank. The tank is 120L and want to get few more cherry barbs and Maybe 5 neon tetras but wondered if this would be ok?? Also my partner wants a dwarf gourami. Any help would be appreciated.

barbs can sometimes be a little more aggressive of a fish. They are really neat though, a gourami is a nice fish just need to be careful of fish nipping.

Thank you, will it be ok to have one gourami or will he need a gourami friend?? And can you recommend a good bottom feeder that's not aggressive. The ones I've read about so far seem to have an aggressive side lol! Thanks

Back
Top Bottom