hello, newb here :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Superorb

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
just found the site today, and was thinking of gettin a SW tank. i first got hooked by my best friend's tank. he had some coral and fish, but he had my favorite things. an anenome and a clown fish, on of the orange and white ones. my favorite. any good forum here for beginners, something that outlines everyhting to do to have a healthy tank, especially what equipment to use and where to get it, prices to expect to pay, and what creatures are needed, desirable, work well together. im only looking for like a 10 or 20L tank, maybe maybe a 29g tank, as a reference. im online 24/7 so, here goes :)

For a beginner, I wouldn't go any less than the 29g tank. Read through the getting started forum, you'll find a good many tips on what equipment you'll need. Clownfish are awesome but anemones can be a challenge and you should really have an established tank (around one year) before getting one. As for equipment, I'd get the tank, about 30lbs of live rock, two maxi jet powerheads, a heater and some nice pc lights to get started. Then invest in a refractometer. An expensive purchase but one you'd never regret making. Check here for a reasonably priced one. http://www.aquaticeco.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/iid/931/cid/206.
You'll also want to read up on fishless cycling as well to get your tank ready for fish. SW is great fun but it requires alot of patience and dedication to do well. These forums are a wealth of info.

Welcome to AA :wave:

thanks for the info :) due to space limitations, righ tnow i can only fit like a 10g tank untill september. should i keep with the SW for now, or get a FW untill sept. i just dont want to have al lthose fish and then flush em in 3 months. i dont need a ton of fish for my 1st SW tank. i had a FW tank for like 2 years, but that was a few years ago. i like having a good clean up crew though, maybe a few fish would be fine. so, does that sound like it is feasible and doable for a SW beginner?

A 10g sw tank is only suitable for one, maybe two small fish tops. Rather you go sw or fw is up to you. :D

Back
Top Bottom