Hello! Newbie here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Susandettmer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone, thank you for adding me! I'm a newbie and have a 46g fw tank. Doing fishless cycling, and hopefully almost done! Have s question however. My water looks crystal clear until I turn on the acnitic light, then it looks hazy. Before I started cycling with Dr. Tims ammonia it looked perfectly clear with the acnitic light on. Not sure what's up. Ammonia is at 0.5, nitrites 0. Like I said, water looks super clear until I turn lights off and acnitic on

Hello and welcome to AA!
I don't run actinics on my FW tank so I'm not sure if they "enhance" the cloudiness in any way. Visually I prefer a warmer tone when it comes to lighting.
Good luck with the cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm going to get a few glofish for my grandson to mix with other tetras etc so I wanted an acnitic light. Before I started the fishless cycling it looked crystal clear

Here is the water in my fishless cycling I was speaking of in my earlier post. Notice water looks clear under LEDs, clear under moon light, but cloudy under acnitic light. Wasn't like this at the beginning......

Hi welcome :)

(Can't see any pictures here either - are you uploading a photo directly or posting a link of any image?)

Back
Top Bottom