Hello out there!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have java fern, Java Moss, wisteria and jungle val. The wisteria is a good grower and gets big I'm constantly cutting it back

I have java fern, Java Moss, wisteria and jungle val. The wisteria is a good grower and gets big I'm constantly cutting it back
How do you cut plants back? I used to try to help my grandmother cut back her roses, but I accidentally cut too much causing the plant to die...

The wisteria is easy, you can see little roots growing from the top or middle of the plant and just pick it there and replant it if you want. Java fern I don't have much experience with but from what I see it stays fairly short. Jungle val, they say not to trim but if you cut it with sharp scissors low on the plant it works out fine

Sent from my SM-G930V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The wisteria is easy, you can see little roots growing from the top or middle of the plant and just pick it there and replant it if you want. Java fern I don't have much experience with but from what I see it stays fairly short. Jungle val, they say not to trim but if you cut it with sharp scissors low on the plant it works out fine

Sent from my SM-G930V using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Ah, okay!! Thank you!!!

I also use florish tablets. You put them in the substrate near the plant and it's good for 3 months

I get mine at the pet store. They should have them at petco but I'm not sure. I go to a "wetpets" specialty store. If you have a store that specializes in fish they will have it for sure.

I get mine at the pet store. They should have them at petco but I'm not sure. I go to a "wetpets" specialty store. If you have a store that specializes in fish they will have it for sure.
I only have a petco and a pet smart, but I could check both! I wish we had a store that specialized in fish! I'm sure I could still find the tablets fairly easily though!!

Yep yep, other than that just make sure you're doing weekly water changes , tests,and your fish are compatible and you should be good. It's a great hobby!. I'm always watching my fish, Nerite snails are cool too , I think that's what they're called anyway.

Yep yep, other than that just make sure you're doing weekly water changes , tests,and your fish are compatible and you should be good. It's a great hobby!. I'm always watching my fish, Nerite snails are cool too , I think that's what they're called anyway.
I tried snails, but my bettas just weren't fond of them... I do my water changes, and I actually just started doing water testing! I have just been observing their behavior and adjusting the water conditions when I thought it was necessary, but I am doing better on money now and decided it was best to know for certain how my water conditions are! ?

Oh I wanted to get a wisteria but I was not sure if it could survive with a gravel substrate

Wisteria will survive just floating around your tank lol. So it should be just fine

Back
Top Bottom