Hello out there!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leila

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I'm Leila. I'm pretty new to aquariums. I have a 20-gallon freshwater tank with small fish and a rock shrimp (very cool!) and a 5-gallon beta tank. I find this hobby totally awesome and am really looking forward to learning and sharing with all of you on this forum.

Hi, I'm Leila. I'm pretty new to aquariums. I have a 20-gallon freshwater tank with small fish and a rock shrimp (very cool!) and a 5-gallon beta tank. I find this hobby totally awesome and am really looking forward to learning and sharing with all of you on this forum.
Hey, Leila!! It's nice to meet you!! What kind of small fish do you have? And, what kind of betta??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J321AZ using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey, Leila!! It's nice to meet you!! What kind of small fish do you have? And, what kind of betta??

Hey YeZoKi! Thanks for the welcome :) my small fish consist of rosy tetras, platys, gold balloon chiclids, a pleco.....and of course the rock shrimp. The beta is a beautiful male. He has a big snail keeping him company. What do you have?

All sound great!! I have 3 male bettas! Two crowntails and a veiltail! Do you know what kind of tail your betta has??

Thanks! Is a combination of both - I'm in the process of going all live. Half and half so fat.
Oh, please let me know how your experience with live plants goes! I have been wanting to get some, but I am worried of how well I could maintain them.. I've never had a green thumb ?

Oh, please let me know how your experience with live plants goes! I have been wanting to get some, but I am worried of how well I could maintain them.. I've never had a green thumb [emoji23]

The aquarium store near us has a. pretty good selection of plants and they label them according to how easy it is to grow. I took the "no brain" ones. They're doing OK [emoji2]
Maybe you have a shop near you that will have something great for your tank.

The aquarium store near us has a. pretty good selection of plants and they label them according to how easy it is to grow. I took the "no brain" ones. They're doing OK [emoji2]
Maybe you have a shop near you that will have something great for your tank.
I ask both of my local pet stores if they sell any simple plants!! Thank you!

Hi, your tank looks great! I just upgraded to a 40 gallon. Plants aren't hard to grow , just not to much light , I have a flora tube and I keep it on about 7 hours a day with dirt on the bottom covered by gravel. It's a great hobby, good luck!

Oh, please let me know how your experience with live plants goes! I have been wanting to get some, but I am worried of how well I could maintain them.. I've never had a green thumb ?

Live plants don't have to be intimidating, there are plenty out there that look nice and require nothing more than being in your tank and light! :)

Live plants don't have to be intimidating, there are plenty out there that look nice and require nothing more than being in your tank and light! :)
Oh, really? Could you name a couple of them, please?? If I know their names, I could simply look for them at my local store!! ?

Java moss is cool, too, if you want something that looks a little more forest-y

Water wisteria, green lloydiella, and ludwigia are cool looking stem plants that are easy to grow and any cuttings you make can grow into new plants! If you get the faster growing stuff, you might want to invest in some really basic fertilizers like SeaChem Flourish and Flourish Iron. Regular water changes and fish poop should do most of the rest for you! I add those with my weekly water change and also use Flourish Excel every 2-3 days, but it's not necessary for light / moderate planting.

There are several varieties. All prefer not to be buried. Tie them to rock or driftwood.

Java moss is cool, too, if you want something that looks a little more forest-y

Water wisteria, green lloydiella, and ludwigia are cool looking stem plants that are easy to grow and any cuttings you make can grow into new plants! If you get the faster growing stuff, you might want to invest in some really basic fertilizers like SeaChem Flourish and Flourish Iron. Regular water changes and fish poop should do most of the rest for you! I add those with my weekly water change and also use Flourish Excel every 2-3 days, but it's not necessary for light / moderate planting.
Oh!! Thank you so much!!! ?

Back
Top Bottom