Hello - starting a 35 litre tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tinkster87

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello all

I have been reading many threads on this forum so thought I would sign up and say Hi!

I was wanting a tank for my birthday and kindly my missus has brought it 5 weeks before hand as she knew I wanted to cycle (fishless) it first!

So a week ago I started with household ammonia. I initially had to do a couple of water changes because I felt the ammonia levels where slightly to high, looked over 5ppm (as recommended I am using an API Master Test Kit). Today there appears to be a very tiny difference in ammonia but I am actually registering NitrItes as of yesterday so it seems all is working well - just patience needed I guess?

My aim is when it gets to my birthday I can then stock my tank (hoping the cycle has finished ok). I am hoping to get 1 x Male Betta fish and 7 Neon tetras. I was tempting getting a pygmy cory but apparently they should be in groups of at least 3 and I don't wish to over stock my tank and annoy the Betta as I am aiming to make this the perfect tank for the Betta and keep it to his requirements.

Any suggestions etc would be most welcome, I have read a lot of websites regarding care for Bettas, but any further advise/ideas would be brilliant.

Thanks

Welcome to AA! Clean water, some soft fake plants or real ones, a temperature about 78-80, and he should be a happy camper.

tinkster87 said:
Just out of curiosity what would other people keep with a Betta in a 35 litre tank?

Well I have tiger barbs wit my betta they do fine to gather

Back
Top Bottom