hello there

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

feralhound

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Pretty much I've obtained a 65 gallon tank from my room mate's father who was going to throw it out, he had Cichlids in it but when I started it back up I had freshwater tropical communal fish. Sadly they all perished, one of my catfish whom hid got ich without me knowing, infected the whole tank and I lost the battle.

I have since cleaned the tank again and educated myself further (didn't realize the previous lot had tail rot as well), since my water has a higher PH I decided best to stick with African Cichlids (and a new experience!). Currently the tank is in cycle, I currently have 3 fish and all seems well.

I was hoping to try and grow some plants in it as well, being as I never had live plants anyone have any advise? Especially for an undergravel filter?

Also I'm starting up a 5 gallon betta tank- rescued two betta's from being fried/flushed and were living in those hideous 1/4 gallon divider box.

Hi welcome to the forum. Make sure you divide your bettas and for plants, I recommend amazon sword and anubius. I really don`t know about keeping plants with africans though.

The male beta is actually going to my parents, I think they'll enjoy him (and that I'll probably be over more to teach them how to care for him lol)

Thank ya!

Sounds like a plan. I recommend a strong hob filter oppsed to a undergravel, mainly because Cichlids love to dig in sand and a under gravel would not work.

Back
Top Bottom