Hello there!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sherriff

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello fellow fish lovers!!!

Just a quick hello from myself to say thanks in advance for all your future help and hopefully I can help some of you guys somewhere down the line also.
I'm extremely new to these forum type website but it's gotta be worth a try as I've heard nothing but good stuff about the community.

Anyway, as for my fish keeping I have a 600Litre tank visible from both sides of my living room wall.
I'm here for advice on a much smaller scale, having only ever done 300L+ tanks I'm struggling for ideas when it comes to my 40l and 60l tanks. (Both freebies so I couldn't refuse, plus the kids will love them)

Well that's me, I look forward to speaking to you all at some point!!!

Many thanks,
Sherriff ;D

Should probably mention my water is very hard and so has a high pH KH and such.
:D

Do you like schools? Do you plan on using plants? Is the tank wide or tall? What type of gravel are you using?

Thinking to do completely different in the 40 and 60 so one heavily planted etc the other light. I have both sand and gravel for these tanks can use either/or/both.
I do like schools at the same time I like individual fish with character/personality.
I am well and truly open to ideas with everything from fish to aquascape!!!
Pictures would help when suggesting fish as I'm on a mobile device and so can't 'google' too well.
Thanks!!!

40l, not a lot of space. I got the perfect setup. Heavily planted, gravel, ghost shrimp . Zebra snails, (nerite) so they won't reproduce in freshwater, a betta, an a school of neon tetras 4-5

The snails will clean your tank, and the shrimp will eat most algaes. Luckily bettas do not show much interest in the neon tetra. The ghost shrimp lay eggs often but are gulped up quickly by the betta. Also shrimp normally stop repopulating after knowing the tank is overcrowded

Sounds good! Was definitely looking to add shrimp but wasn't certain about fellow tank mates! Thanks for that!!!

As for the 60g, I would personally get a school of platinum green barbs. About 5, and a pair of loaches would be pretty rad! I can get some pic if you'd like

I'm not a fan of barbs, but pictures would be good.
How would I stand with going down the route of chiclids? Rams?
Just exploring all options :)

Back
Top Bottom