Hello there

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skai

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all, just coming to introduce myself.

I've just restarted my foray into the freshwater fish aquarium world with a bigger and more interesting shaped tank (a 35 gal hexagon) and would love an easier place to get advice than the pet store. The closest actual aquarium specialty store is about half an hour to forty minutes away so the only thing in the neighborhood is Petsmart, which is fine for simple things but I've been burned by their quality in the past so am wary of their advice and fish. Coming to a place where everyone is interested in fish and their care rather than being paid to sell gold fish in too small of tanks seems a far better choice to me.

That being said, hello!

Skai

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

Hi there! I've always wondered about Elephant Noses. They're so unique looking.

I enjoy mine, but he's been really hard work Lol :)

I figured, that's why I shied away from getting one myself. I love strange looking fish but have no experience with them so I figured holding off until I was back up to snuff with care and maintenance was better for all involved. Last time I was 'in charge' of my own tank I was like ten so... you know a ten year old's sense of care. My mother ended up doing most of the hard work, lol.

I like oddballs too that's why I decided I was going to buy one, I did a lot of research before buying him so I was prepared to look after him properly, but he was like nothing I expected Lol
Yeah I remember having fish when I was young, didn't have a clue about looking after them so my mum use to do all the work, she didn't have a clue either Poor fish!

I know... I feel bad when I think about it. That's part of why my new tank is in such a prominent place now. So that I can see it several times a day and fit it into my routine better. I have bad track history when it's just in my room or something like that. Somehow despite it being right there in front of me I managed to forget about the poor things. So no more in my room. Besides everyone can see it this way!

Mine use to be in my bedroom too when I was young.
At least when it's somewhere you can look at it, you can keep an eye on things. And be proud of it when it's all up and running! ;)

Yes, unfortunately right now I've got an Ich infestation so it's not quite so wonderful at the moment...

Yes, unfortunately right now I've got an Ich infestation so it's not quite so wonderful at the moment...

Been there twice. You'll get there, I just used heat to treat my fish.

That's part of how I found this site actually was looking for tips like that. I just did the second treatment/water change a few moments ago. Already looking a ton better.

That's part of how I found this site actually was looking for tips like that. I just did the second treatment/water change a few moments ago. Already looking a ton better.

Good luck :)

Welcome!

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
36g Tropical Community
10g Orchid Endler's N-Class
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Back
Top Bottom