Hello There.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blitzshadow

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, this is my first post on this forum my name is Kent from Orlando Florida and I’m happy to be a part of your community. I am also still pretty new to the hobby but I've been learning a lot. I figure I should probably put some info about my tank here also.

I have a 60 gallon tall tank that measures 12.75"L x 48.5"W x 25" H. I have been running it for about six months it is heavily planted with two decent sized pieces of drift wood. Currently I have 2 otos, 2 dwarf gouramis, 2 banjo catfish, 6 nerite snails, 2 Siamese Algae eaters, 4 cherry barbs, 2 gold barbs, 4 platys, 2 turquoise rainbow fish, 2 Australian rainbow fish, 2 balloon mollies, 6 neon tetras, and 6 fancy guppies For substrate I'm using a Flourite cap over organic top soil. For plants I have a few amazon swords, melon swords(having trouble getting em to grow properly) hygrophila don’t remember the species, anubias nana, Aponogeton ulvaceous, some jungle vals, and dwarf sag. I have a nat geo heater currently set to 80f I am also Injecting CO2 using a DIY set up.

I am currently running 2 Aqueon QuietFlow 55/75 HOB filters with a flow rate of 400gph each. For lighting I have a 48 inch aqueon Modular led unit with 2 daylight tubes and one colormax, and I recently bought a I purchased a Current USA satellite + pro 48"-60" LED fixture (recently like 2 days ago) and I am now running it side by side with my aqueon Modular led unit.
My water parameters in my tank aren’t the best ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate between 5ppm and 10ppm, kh 6, gh 8 ph 7.8.

Anyways nice to meet you all I hope I can learn lots from my stay here.

Always exciting to hear of a newer and pretty much successful tank... Very glad you decided to make it official and join up and share your tank with us.

How about some pics?

Hi Blitz! I am outside Orlando, about 20 minutes or so. :) Nice to see a "local" chime in. Good luck with your tank, sounds pretty awesome.

Thanks for the welcome guys. Sorry for the slow response been unusually busy recently. As for a pic of my tank here you go.

60 gallon december.jpg

Back
Top Bottom