Hello there!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Inkdork

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys

A friend from Ravelry suggested I come here, and join the crazy snail lady club! I think she was joking...lol.

I have one jerk of a male betta in one tank, a tank that's set up but still empty, and a planted tank for 1 nerite snail, plus 4 mystery snails (2 gold, 1 blue, 1 purple). I'm planning to add a few shrimp to that tank in a few days as well as get maybe a couple female bettas for the other tank.

I've seen the threads with confusion between mystery snails and the dreaded illegal apple snail - mine are growing quickly but they don't eat my live plants. I still can't believe how fun they are to watch!

We have many crazy snail ladies and dudes on this forum. Welcome!

How long has the tank been set up. Usually they need a bit of age to support shrimp. And a Betta might eat them.

Last edited:
We have many crazy snail ladies and dudes on this forum. Welcome!

How long has the tank been set up. Usually they need a bit of age to support shrimp. And a Betta might eat them.

Haha thanks!

A couple weeks - it was set up before that but my fancy goldfish got sick, died, and since I had medicated it, the tank was thoroughly cleaned because I didn't want to just drop anything else in after that.

Lol alright. I was kinda hoping a female betta would be less aggressive towards its tank mates.

Back
Top Bottom