Hello there from Hello Th3r3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hello Th3r3

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,
After looking around the internet for a place to join for a few days now, I came across this forum so I decided to give it a try. I currently have 3 aquariums.

5 gallon has 1 betta and a mystery snail as well as a plant.

25 gallon has guppies, platies, cory, 3 otocinclus, mystery snails and a few plants.

55 gallon has 7 goldfish (fully grown) and a plecostomus (fully grown).

Hopefully after being in this forum, I will expand my variety of fish in my 25 gallon because all I buy are guppies, as well as get more plants. :facepalm:

P.S. I also have 2 parakeets. :brows:

Hi and welcome to AA! Getting more plants sounds like a good idea. There's so much to learn and explore in that aspect of the hobby. You should research low tech vs. high tech planted tanks. Check out YouTube for Aquascape tv, the green machine, and ADA Amano videos for inspiration. Make your way to the Planted Tanks sub-forum here in AA. Lots of knowledgeable folks here with beautifully planted mini ecosystems.

Hi and welcome to AA! Getting more plants sounds like a good idea. There's so much to learn and explore in that aspect of the hobby. You should research low tech vs. high tech planted tanks. Check out YouTube for Aquascape tv, the green machine, and ADA Amano videos for inspiration. Make your way to the Planted Tanks sub-forum here in AA. Lots of knowledgeable folks here with beautifully planted mini ecosystems.

Thank toy for the welcome. :thanks::thanks::thanks:
I will sure take a look at the planted Tanks sub-forums. Also, if I want to purchase plants here, how do I pay for them via paypal?

Welcome to the forums, sounds like some interesting tanks. Thats a lot of goldfish for a 55gal, nitrates must come up fast huh? ;)

55 Gallon- Empty
125 Gallon- CKF and Tiger Oscar
220 Gallon- To come...

Welcome to the forums, sounds like some interesting tanks. Thats a lot of goldfish for a 55gal, nitrates must come up fast huh? ;)

55 Gallon- Empty
125 Gallon- CKF and Tiger Oscar
220 Gallon- To come...

Actually the goldfish are very happy there. I had them there for over 3 years now and they are doing well. Also, I took a some water to test in petsmart and the worker was amazed at the levels of everything; everything was normal! :brows:

Back
Top Bottom