Hello there from me!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jtlipton

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello there! My name is Jared and I have just finished setting up my freshwater tropical community tank equipped with a power filter and a nice adjustable heater. I do have one question though... The lady at pet smart told me to start out my tank with a few zebra danios. They have been in my tank for 2 days now and I was wondering how long it will take before I can add other fish I desire(glofish, guppies) Any advice would be great thanks! :fish2:
:wave:

Hey sounds like a nice setup. I have just one question for you: is your tank cycled? Because if it isn't you are going to have to a fish in cycle with the danios. I did a fish in cycle with my tank with zebra danios in the fall and it took about two months to complete and you can only add fish more fish after your tank is cycled. If your tank is cycled than you should test your water levels everyday, until everything is at zero. When this happens (usually takes about a week or so depending on the number and size of your fish) you can slowly (2-3 fish at a time) start adding more fish and repeating the same process.

No..... :ermm: I just found out about cycling after I had gotten my fish..... I guess I need to do an fish in cycle. Is there a testing kit you recommend?

OOO 10 G. Keep a really close eye on your water parameters. My 10 G was one of the hardest tanks to keep going as it doesn't take much to upset the balance.

Oh....welcome aboard. You did get the email about buying cookies for everyone, right ?

Just a word of advice: fish in cycling can be frustrating and at times very demanding......but when you have finally finished it, it's the best feeling in the world!!! If you keep up on water changes and test your water daily, your fish will be fine, danios are great cycling fish because they are so hardy!

Thank you everyone for all of your help!! I can't wait to finish the cycle and get some cooler fish! :lol:

If something happened to these zebra danios..... Would you guys recommend glofish zebra danios?

Back
Top Bottom