hello to ahab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimfdavidson

Aquarium Advice Newbie
thanks for your welcome. my name is kim, i recently got back into aquariums after a 25 year break. my reason for coming back was to get a little serenity back in my life. hahah. the wives are gone but the fish are back. i have 3 tanks now, a custom 75 gallong hex, and 125 gallon tank and a small hospistal tank. the hex is communtiy, angels, rams,hatchets,danios, ane some others, very busy tank. the 125 is primarily discus, but also has some rams, sharks, colored tetras and cat fish(small ones). i seem to be interested in breeding rams, i have long fin, short fin bolivians, and just bought 6 electric blues. i am missing gold rams and gbr`s, but i`m sure i`ll find some. i am a cabinet maker so i custom made my stands(stuff in the stores is cheesy and poorly built) one thing that REALLY impressed me is the filtering technology compared to 25 years ago. all my fish are happy and well cared for, and i`ve lost only a few since i began again. i hooked up with a local fish shop called gold`s aquarium and the owner dennis is a great source of info and educates me when i need it. their stock is premium at very reasonable cost, but what i like most is their passion for the hobby. when i learn how to use this site better i`m sure i will have lot`s of q . thanks again. kimfdavidson

Back
Top Bottom