Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-09-2014, 12:54 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Hello To All

I just wanted to say hello to other aquarium enthusiasts whether that be to the most advanced or a newer person just getting started. I myself used to house a mixed reef tank with fish and live rock. I kept the tank going for 3 years untill a prolonged power outage when I was out of town caused catastrophic failure. It took me a year or two to get over this defeat.

Currently I am cycling a 75 gallon non-planted tank freshwater tank, this tank has a sump with about 5 gallons of bio-balls and a submerged pump with an output of roughly 500 gph, I also have a micron hob filter which currently is running as a mechanial/ biological filter with an output of 250 gph.

I will be needing some help along the way as things with the cycle are progressing a little faster than I was expecting. I will start new threads to discuss these questions. I am a little rusty on many things due to the lapse in time in between tanks and being a starter in a freshwater environment.

I just wanted to thank all of the advisors on this site as I have used there input during my fish-less cycle, top notch guys and gals here.

I am so glad I have been able to catch the bug again, even watching the tank cycle has been fun.

Old 03-09-2014, 01:06 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome back!!! That's awful news about the reef, glad you're giving it another chance! What's your stocking plan?

Old 03-09-2014, 01:17 PM   #3

As for a stocking plan, well I have been doing some research would love to do a African or South American chiclids. My first step is to get some nice lights and established plants because I hear they tear many plants apart.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:19 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm not sure about plants and cichlids? Msi me like to dig, others will eat then I believe . You should post In the cichlid forumn, their are some very knowledgable and friendly members here that will be able to provide much better advice than I..
Old 03-09-2014, 01:23 PM   #5

Yes I am aware that they wreck havoc to certain plant's. I will listen to other responses and post in the chiclid forum.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com