Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-21-2009, 12:44 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Send a message via Yahoo to Rustie9
Wink Hello to everyone, may be needing your help from time to time.

Hi, I'm Rustie9. I have a 20 gallon acrylic aquarium that was an eclipse 2 system. Never, ever get an eclipse system, they do not filter the tank good enough and cause problems. I have converted my tank to hold a regular tank hood and have a cascade 200 filter in it which is doing an excellent job and doesn't cause too much water movement for my betta. I have plants which are very easy to care for, a piece of driftwood covered with marimo moss and is doing great. The betta and other fish love the plants and hiding places provided. I even have abnubias and java fern regular and lace planted on stones and sea shells. As of now I have a beautiful black and blue male betta, 4 glow fish, 2 yoyo loaches, 3 speckled cories, two frogs, two gray dwarf frogs and several black and silver clams. The only problem I'm having right now is my water getting cloudy when I do a 20% water change even though I'm putting Cycle in it. Guess I need to get a phosphate lever done again as it was too high. This just started about a month and a half ago when the phosphate level was really high. Any other suggestions as to what's going on? The fish are doing fine and are healthy and I'm not overfeeding them.

Rustie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:54 PM   #2
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
Welcome aboard
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com