Hello World

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

efields

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys. I started lurking on here just yesterday after day 1 of setup. For $75, I got a 30 gallon (36 x 12 x 14 i believe) and a nice real wood stand and some gear. I tested his heaters and the simple bubbler, and they work, but I decided to buy some new stuff for my tank and will probably use his stuff for a smaller QT tank. Went with the AquaClear Aquarium Power Filter and 2 submersible heaters.

I did a lot of research on lighting, and the marineland doublebright LED setup looks good to me. From what I've read, you guys have had luck with low light plants with these, so that's good enough for me. Plus the lunar mode sounds delightful.

I've done some initial research on fish, but not a lot. I've read about cycling and will be doing that with some tetras. Besides them, I'm thinking zebrafish. A lot of you are crazy for cichlids too. Any recommendations? I wouldn't mind getting the tank really comfortable with some easy to care for species then spending the money on something slightly more exotic to add some flavor.

Looking forward to this!

Back
Top Bottom