Hello World

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Centrophyge

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum so I decided to stop by and introduce myself. My name is James, I'm a 29 year old guy from Jacksonville, Florida. I consider myself an avid fishkeeper...with a few disasters and alot of sucesses. I've kept all types of fresh and saltwater fish and inverts. I've had numerous tanks ranging from 10g to 180g. My fave fish are the dwarf angels....hence my username. Well enough about me....and Happy Fish Keeping!

I dont have any tanks up and running right now. I'm currently buying equipment to set up a livebearer tank. Im thinking of a platy or molly tank! What do you think?

swordtails are cooler,jmo. id go with platys instead of mollys,mollys get pretty big.

It would be in a 55g. I think imma go with platys because I wanna experiment with plants.

ok,cool.i suggest starting with 6 females and 2 males,pretty soon youll have more than you know what to do with.

Yeah I was thinking the same....but breeding and genetics. Im looking to purchase some good quality fish in a few weeks. Any suggestions?

you could put a rainbow/redtail shark in there,they dont harm live plants.

no,thjats balas.rainbows and redtails only reach a max of 6 inches.

I was talking bout platys.
thats what i figured,but seeing as i dont know any sources on the interenet,i couldnt help.i suggested the shark because even though there not livebearers,there awesome.

a 20 gallon fw tank and a 10 gallon fw frog tank,and hopefully a 55 fw soon.

Back
Top Bottom