Hello, Yes I am a newbie!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmartin71

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so I am new to the hobby and I will say I'm addicted. Below is my current tank and then I have asked a question about my purchase of a new tank any help would be appreciated.

So here is the info about my tank:

26 Gallon Bow Front
AquaticLife Dual Lamp Light
AquaClear 50 Filter
AquaClear 30 Under Gravel Pump
90 Days Old

Last Water Change 4/27/11 (Weekly 20-25% changes)
Weekly Tests Done on Thursdays Results 3/31/01
Temp 26*C/79*F
PH 7.5
GH 10 (Med/Hard according to my test kit)
Chlorine 0 ppm
Nitrite .05 ppm
Ammonia 0 ppm

Fish

3 Baby Tiger Barbs
2 Albino Barbs
3 Full Grown Adult Green Barbs
3 Adult Blue Gourami's
1 Clown Loach

So how do the numbers look?

I am really debating what size tank I should upgrade to as well as what kind of community I would like to have. I am really looking at a 75 - 90 gallon rectangle shape tank. So my dilemma is do I move all the fish, some of the fish, none of the fish and start fresh in the new tank. So I was thinking of doing Gouramis and Angelfish. I have read some say yea and some say ney. So I am not sure what to do. I was thinking I could move the gourami's to the new tank and just keep the barbs in the 26g and add to the school.

Any thoughts on a Community set-up that has some size and color? I am trying to go by my local shops advise but I read don't trust all local fish shops.

So Can somebody help the new addicted guy out?

Any help I would appreciate!!

Thanks for the advise ahead of time and I look forward to becoming part of this community!!

Jason

you should at least move the clown loach,those guys can get to over a foot long.the rest should be okay.

you should at least move the clown loach,those guys can get to over a foot long.the rest should be okay.

I plan moving the loach and adding some friends for him as I understand there will be no issue with them and Angels or Gourami's. But can any one on here tell me Angels and Gourami's will they be ok?
Here is a Pic I will get the fish pics up after I clean tank tonight!!

D434707_81_718865472

What type of test kit do you have? You need a nitrate test as well. If you have paper test strips, they'll give you inaccurate results.

Very nice tank! 90 gallon is awful big for gouramis but if u have the space go for it

Not for some. Not really for angelfish either. Both can get pretty big. Also not when gouramis and angels are bad together because of territory and aggression.

It's a great deal, but a tank doesn't cycle in a week... It takes more along the lines of a month! Hate to be the bummer here, but you really need to cycle that tank before you do anything about fish.

Back
Top Bottom