Help I am new and have problems with my fish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lasersup

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have recently face a problem where my hands hurt when I put it into the fish tank . Can anyone help

Wash your hands very well after putting them in your tank.

Test for ammonia.

Edited to add: I had an issue that caused my ammonia to spike to 8ppm, and having my hands in the water to deal with it burned my wrists.

almost sounds like you have stray current in the tank bad heater or something on those lines. check all the fixtures in the tank to narrow down .
and welcome to AA

You would need to be more specific about exactly what, when and how your hands "hurt" when you put them in the tank.

Many moons ago I remember once when I was sprinkling food in one of my tanks, I could sense a tingling sensation. I never actually touched the water. After unplugging all equipment and inspecting the wiring, I determined that there was a short in the heater. I do not recall if the equipment was connected to a GFI at the time.

Many moons ago I remember once when I was sprinkling food in one of my tanks, I could sense a tingling sensation. I never actually touched the water. After unplugging all equipment and inspecting the wiring, I determined that there was a short in the heater. I do not recall if the equipment was connected to a GFI at the time.
Did your fish survive? That's scary!

the stray current that comes from a faulty heater usually feels like this "for example: sticking your tongue on a 9 volt battery" fish usually act strange when current is present
darting around the tank ect

I was going to ask if you kept electric eel but the stray current makes sense to

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom