Help my bettas lips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamiejames

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm new on here and not sure how this works but my bettafish has swollen lips its been two days now what can I do? What is causing it

looks like a bacterial infection when did you get this betta? is there anything else in the tank? do you have a test kit? what is your water change schedule?

I got him July 27 the tank had a ich break out like two weeks ago we got rid of it but still keeping the temp at 82 he's by himself since yesterday morning none of the other fish have any signs of this we do a 20 percent water change every 4 says with the gravel vac. Because of the ich. What can I do to help Berta bum he's in a half gallon tank

It seems like every week there's something wrong with him and it's breaking my heart. the first thing was he had a swollen belly. Then a week later he got ich and now is lips are swollen. I love the little fish to death I don't want to lose him.

It seems like every week there's something wrong with him and it's breaking my heart. the first thing was he had a swollen belly. Then a week later he got ich and now is lips are swollen. I love the little fish to death I don't want to lose him.

I'm very sorry to hear that :( i would go and get a 2.5 or 5.5 rectangle tank from petco/petsmart for 10-15 dollars because water quality in a .5 gallon is extremely hard to keep up with

What are the chances that my other fish are going to get it

there is a pretty good chance they will, if the tank conditions aren't pristine. i would suggest doing 50% daily on your other tank to make sure they are healthy and get a separate siphon and buckets for water changes

Thank you so much for ur help I will do it all I really hope he makes it he is the first fish I bought and just so sweet and funny

Thank you so much for ur help I will do it all I really hope he makes it he is the first fish I bought and just so sweet and funny

i know how you feel, I've lost a whole tank to disease a while back and since then i quarantine all new fish. it will be your lifesaver using a qt tank. all you need is a 10 gallon tank, a cheap HOB filter and a heater. when you buy new fish you put them in qt for 4 weeks to be sure they wont have disease that will otherwise spread to your fish. a lot of people say they don't need a qt tank and their fish are always healthy but eventually you will get a sick fish and depending on how many fish and how much they costed that you have in your tank, you will be out a lot of money.

Back
Top Bottom