*HELP* Will your ammonia rise when you add fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Firefish1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi im new to this website and so i added fish to my fully cycled 75 gallon saltwater aquarium. I tested the water 2 times before putting fish in and i got 0 ammonia 0 nirite and 10ish nirate. So i ordered some fish and acclimated them and putted them in i also putted a clean up crew. Right now its their 2nd day. They are eating and doing fine but i tested my water and saw that my ammonia was 0.25 when i added my fish. Is this normal? I drip acclimate for around 3 hours

i accidently put the fish first before cuc but it was just before 1 hour is that ok?

Yea it should be OK but u generally want your cuc to get any brown algea or other debris off rock and adding the cuc first also helps build up the beneficial bacteria to help support the fish. How many fish did you add

Ours normal for the ammonia to rise a little when adding new fish to get the bio load used to it.. Once the bio filter establishes a little more it will go neutral and add some more bad boys.. Try to always add least aggressive fish first to establish the territory and more aggressive last....

Yea it should be OK but u generally want your cuc to get any brown algea or other debris off rock and adding the cuc first also helps build up the beneficial bacteria to help support the fish. How many fish did you add

I added 5 and 2 more today

It looks like 0 but it not fully yellow like the card but it is yellow

No I'm not but I'm using sponges I have a 75-125 gallon skimmer a ex one.

Back
Top Bottom