Hey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trisomy21

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm a newbie, in both senses. Just got a 15 gallon the other day from my friend. He put some feeder goldfish in there, but I noticed one definitely wasn't a goldfish. Turns out it was scooped from the on hold tank and is a assorted peacock cichlid. He's been living with goldfish for 6 months, but we're getting them outta there and putting in a couple kenyi's and more rocks.

I'll be around, probably asking lots of dim questions lol

even into life we come in as newbies.

Took me a while to find two good sites, and this is one of them... Would have saved a lot of hassle if I stumbled in here from the get-go.

hah well this was the first one I found, so I guess I lucked out.

Thanks. Wow some of these setups you guys have are intimidating.

Welcome to AA!!

Kenyis won't last long in a 15g....well one might, but the others won't. African Cichlids aren't good 15g candidates. :) There are other cool options though.

I picked up some equipment from a guy this afternoon. Took me in his house and showed me his set-up.... I think I lefts some puddles of drool in his basement.

welcome aboard :wave: i just met you in chat :)

gold fish arent really good in a 15 either.

don't be intimidated be inspired lol

Yeah I'll get them out tomorrow and put 'em back in my buddy's feeder aquarium and grab some more suitable fish. Just put some more rocks in after reading about the assorted and kenyi, seems like they enjoy the same habitat, but are both territorial...Should be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom