Hey.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PistolPete

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've finally given in and joined Aquarium Advice. I have ended up here multiple times while doing research. Anyways, I am a 19 year old student, and I own a 29 gallon saltwater tank. It is my fist week owning fish and I have two True Perc Clownfish, Rush is my female and Pistol Pete is my male. I also have a cleaner shrimp- Jacques and four turbo snail that round out my clean-up crew. I hope to be able to learn more from everyone. Thanks!

Welcome to the forums! This is a great place and lots of friendly folks to give advice. I also own a 29g SW tank. :)
Just a blenny and a pair of black oscellaris so far for me.

Loool, we have the same stocking. Difference is I couldn't get true percs so I got regular ones for now. Female's name is Fiona (after Fiona Apple) and male's Apple (after my iPhone). I have a FireShrimp and guess what? His name is Jacques LuCont (after the DJ). And instead of 4, I have 3 Turbo Snails- not sure if Im going to name em'. If I do one of them will be Sucky.
Isnt that weird we have like the same critters in our tanks?

Thanks everyone, I look forward to learning and growing my tank.

Carey, I hope to own an ORA black clown soon as well. I also like the Black Ice Snowflakes as well. I don't know much about reef tanks or how to start one, but I hope to transition to one this summer when I have an income.

Jay, that is great! I just named my shrimp after the French shrimp in the movie Finding Nemo. I'm not even going to name my Turbo's, I can't keep them straight anyway.

Welcome to AA!

It great to see younger reefers in here. Keeping a tank through college can be tricky though, let me know if you have any questions, I have had several failed and successful ventures while at school.

I first thought about naming him Jacques after Nemo's Jacques, but then LuCount's What You Waiting for Remix for GwenStefani came into my mind- I love that mix.
And I want a pair of those black ocsellaris as well. They are just beautiful, and and and exotic, and so expensive. I don't want to take that risk yet. For now Im buying hardy shrimp, hardy fish, hardy snails everything hardy. Then adter a couple of months hardy corals- then if everything's fine I'll move on.

Is ur shrimp a fire shrimp too? If it is. Does he eat well? I cant get mine to eat. He sees the brine shrimp moving and gets all excited about it- but refuses to get out of his hiding space. And the clowns wont go near it for "cleaning". My clowns arent shy at all- they swim all around the tank, and through the rocks, and under...

My clowns are pretty shy now, but they are starting to get used to the tank. And it isn't a fire shrimp- im actually unsure what kind of shrimp it is.

And thanks Jimbo I will let you know if I need anything.

Ah first week owning fish. Exciting! I'm waiting for my tank to cycle and get right before I can get any.

Congratulations!

Thanks Scottayy! It is very rewarding, at first I didn't think I would like the work involved but now I actually enjoy trying to keep my tank perfect. Hopefully this summer I can get a job and then set up a plumbing system for my tank.

Back
Top Bottom