hey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ttimmer10

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Was stumbling through the site this morning and found this forum and thought since i'm fairly new i ought to introduce myself... i'm currently a student but will graduate in May... unfortunately... more school to go.
I got into the hobby because I'm studying to be an ichthyologist and obviously keeping fish is a logical step. I have a pretty basic 55g community tank right now, and a couple of smaller ones. I'd like to start up a reef tank, but am thinking about beginning the sw easier with a fish only tank.
wanted to say this site is great... and thanks to my good buddy kribbz for telling me about it!

lmkbubblfsh.gif

to AquariumAdvice.com!!!

Kudos for kribbz

[center:26d8bdaf62] :smilecolros: Welcome to AA, ttimmer10!! not-so-:n00b:[/center:26d8bdaf62]

What will you be doing with a degree in ichthyology?? Is this your Bachelor’s degree? I found having a Bachelor's in bio, and a Master's in zoology was not enough. So here I am getting my PhD in neurology. Why?? Because I want to teach biology at the university level :? That’s the plan for now. Just four more years to go....

Thanks for all the welcomes, all the help i've been getting has been great...

this will be my bachelor's, going to grad school... well actually the week after I graduate. I want to be a fisheries biologist, so save our precious water systems :D . hopefully, the masters is enough, but always open to more schooling... after all i wont be able to slog through swamps for the rest of my life so maybe getting a phd will give me some options in the future...
Neurology... wow I wish i had your courage :lol: ... good luck... dounting down the years just like you i guess.

fyi... that was COUNTING not dounting... typing and spelling are not my strong suits :oops:

Welcome Timmer! You can always use that handy little EDIT button in the upper right to fix yer spellin after posting. me , I dun't caer much!

(I proofread/copyedit for a living, be danged if I'll do it here!) :mrgreen:

Yo, TTimmer10! It's always great to have someone new with us!! What do you have in that 55? :angel:

Back
Top Bottom