hey :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loki azrial

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey im new here and just wanted to say hi to everyone, also i have a shubunkin with dropsy :( dont really know what to do with the wee fella he's in a quarantine tank atm so any advice would be very welcome

loki xxx

Hi & welcome!! What size tank is the shubunkin in? What are the exact water parameters (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph)? Dropsy is a symptom of disease & not a disease itself. It can be caused by various things such as poor water quality, an internal bacterial infection, parasites, or a virus. Is the fish in question pineconed (bloated, scales sticking out)? I believe Scotland follows various other European countries which strictly limit fish meds to veterinary use only. You will need to seek out the aid of an aquatic vet if you want to try & help him. Good luck!

im afraid the shubunkin died this morning :( he was new i only had him 4 days,poor wee guy, glad to say all my other fish are healthy though(y) i had named him Mafia Don because he had a cool wee 50's tash lol

loki xxx

Back
Top Bottom