Hey <3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ToastyHippie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys I'm Haley from Ohio, I'm a fifteen , nearly sixteen, year old girl just starting into the hobby due to the fact of a long story of rescuing a goldfish at the fair , which I rehomed . After that my dad bought me a ten gallon tank as a suprise and now I'm trying to figure out what to home in this pretty little tank.

I'm thinking some neon tetras, a betta and a mystery snail/ghost shrimp

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412526790.884914.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Neons are supposedly really sensitive. Bettas are good. I haven't had much luck with snails and I've never tried ghost shrimp.

NatureFish
????

20 of either would be far too many for a 10G tank long term. A betta and a small school of either would work. Micro rasboras or the like would as well.

I was thinking like six? Would that be a big enough group?

Also should I add more plants or is that plenty? I went with fake because I have bad luck with plants

I wouldn't do neons with a betta in a ten if that's what you are planning because they will really bother a betta with their activity.

Emerald76

Instead I would do the neons and three cories or the betta and three cories.

Emerald76

I've heard of people successfully introducing them together by getting a younger betta and introducing it after the neons are a bit older

It's the activity of the neons that stresses the slower moving bettas.

Emerald76

Don't they swim on different levels?

It doesn't matter- a ten is too small for the different levels thing to make a difference and they are both middle-top level swimmers.

Emerald76

In my 10 gal tank which does have some live plants, I have 6 neons, 7 glowlight tetras, and 6 ember tetras, a ghost shrimp and at the moment 4 netrite snails. Three of the snails will be moved to my other 2 -10 gal tanks when they are done cycling. Alison.. :)

That sounds super cool!

Back
Top Bottom