hey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

its_kay_10

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone,

I am a 25 year old Stay-At-Home mom to an almost 5 year old. We don't have a tank yet and are in the process of considering getting one. I am looking forward to gaining more knowledge and getting to know everyone here. Not sure what else to say lol.

Welcome!

We are glad to have you here and will be glad to answer any questions you may have.

Be sure to check out the getting started section and read up on the nitrogen cycle that takes place inside a tank.

Caleb

Welcome!

We are glad to have you here and will be glad to answer any questions you may have.

Be sure to check out the getting started section and read up on the nitrogen cycle that takes place inside a tank.

Caleb

It seems like thats the only thing Ive been reading in the last 18 hours lol. I just asked in the fresh water forum is there a way to speed it up, so maybe it just takes a week or two? It'll be hard for my daughter to wait that long lol. Were already making her wait.

Nothing comes from rushing except disaster , #1 rule in fish keeping (PATIENTS)
It's not as easy as just add water and fish , why first your tank will need to cycle ,
this can take a few weeks , adding fish to a uncycled tank is just looking for disaster ,
weather your daughter is 2 or 20 why give her the false impression of how to start up a aquarium , this is the best time for you both to learn , it gets you to spend more quality time together , I wish I could get those days back , now I need to wait till I get grandkids ,

Hi there and welcome overhere...
Well, I do understand that it seems hard to let such a little girl wait for so long. But yes, waiting will pay off in this case. If you would live overhere, you shouldn't be waiting that long before you can put fish into your tank. But the water in the States is different when to what we've got overhere. But also overhere some time should be taken with patience in order to get things right. For sure there are fish which can withstand certain margins when it comes to the water parameters. But walk the safe road I'd like to say...

Any ideas what kind of fish you're planning to keep for your daughter?

Hi there and welcome overhere...
Well, I do understand that it seems hard to let such a little girl wait for so long. But yes, waiting will pay off in this case. If you would live overhere, you shouldn't be waiting that long before you can put fish into your tank. But the water in the States is different when to what we've got overhere. But also overhere some time should be taken with patience in order to get things right. For sure there are fish which can withstand certain margins when it comes to the water parameters. But walk the safe road I'd like to say...

Any ideas what kind of fish you're planning to keep for your daughter?

She wants glo-fish. So I think that's what were getting her. I found some Nat Geo stuff on sale that I am gonna try when we get the tank this weekend (probably) and let it sit and work for a week before deciding on when we are getting fish.

Well yes, that's pretty obvious... pink & purple... She's typical a girl... :):)

Yes she is, shes going to be 5 on Sept 4 so were just getting into Barbies and the like. She still likes cars and legos too so I can't complain

Welcome hope you enjoy AA

Sent from the crayfish lover Mine Shaker

Back
Top Bottom