Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-25-2010, 10:39 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Smile Hey All!

Well, it all began when we had to take out a leaking pond at a rent house for my job... I didn't want to kill the fish so I bought a small tank. I had my ten gallon overstocked with fantail goldfish. (10 if I remember correctly) So we came up with another ten gallon from somewhere. I'm pretty sure I got lucky through most of that. If it had not been goldfish I would have probably killed all of them in a week or less, but I still have them and we're three years later. I realized how naive I was when we had another ten gallon given to us by a frustrated co-worker. The tank had only two fish - a guppy and a tetra. My wife wanted mollies, so we got mollies. They are not near as hardy as goldfish.... So, we got mickey mouse, they are tougher. So being optimistic my wife decided on neons. They also are not near as hardy as goldfish. It is true I am a fish murderer, but not by purpose I swear! Here at our current state, we have a thirty gallon tank with 1 tetra and 5 mickey mouse, and my wife is still thinking about neons. I realize how important it is to control water temperature, and during PWC make sure the water has been treated and is approximately the same temperature as the tank water. (I'm learning) As far as the goldfish I have 6 fantails and have recently rescued comet, and they reside in a 55 gallon. I have heard people say how messy goldfish are, but I have to say I have not found maintaining their tank to be strenuous. I have found larger tanks are easier, though. I do have aspirations of a SW tank some day in the next few years, after the demise of my goldfish, hopefully, natural causes. I would say that about sums it up folks! Thanks for the forum!
Attached Images

CDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:15 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
well hello. Im new too so high five and good luck to ya:p:p:p

willbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:53 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi welcome to the forum... nice fish tank. more pics please.
josiahjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:05 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Welcome to AA.
mgamer20o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:12 PM   #5
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
Welcome aboard.
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:19 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
Welcome to AA.

It is all about the oddballs
Etunes is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com