Hey Everyone...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VaiFSekona

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My name is Vai Sekona...
I found this Website through the Royal Forum, I live in Glendale, Arizona.
I have a great intrest in the "Aquarium World"!! And I have had a number of bowls, large empty (and cleaned) pickle jars, tanks and ponds within my 34 years of life thus far.
I feel ive gone beyond the goldfish, guppy and or whatever my nephews,
friends and family were discourage to continue to keep...lol...and I know there is alot of other people out there, who also have a problem with saying no.
Ive had plain freshwater tanks, "brackish" water tanks and saltwater tanks.
I thought that I was going to never leave saltwater, but was able to ease the tension I got by making the tank environment seem like saltwater by using and keeping with African Cichlids- there are so many different species in this family!! I love the "Electric Yellows" (for the saltwater Tang), I also got a couple of "Blue" Crayfish (for "mini" blue Lobsters)...I had a couple of other types of A. Cichlids(smaller) that I thought looked "more" saltwater-like. I used crushed coral(bleached) as sand and got artificial "Fan-like" coral from a local Aquarium Depot, I also used a type of slate rock(that was safe to use in tanks with fish) to hide the filtration. I aslo painted the back of the tank black. A couple of airstones that gave off fine(small) bubbles. [and believe me...an undergravel filtration (make sure it has some type of "foam filter" to catch more derbis...) unit does wonders!!]
I had this tank for about 8 years, got many great compliments, and was asked by friends and family to start their tanks.
I changed my career and didnt have as much time as I felt was needed to keep up (with how exactly I wanted the tank) and sadly parted with "them".
Im now wanting to start on a new tank 55 gallon/ or greater...as soon as I do, I will take pictures and explain what's going on...I'll l;et you know when I start, Who, What, Where, When and How... (How I did it, and How much...)
Im such a bargain hunter!! I hope I could inspire/push others to feel the way I get when doing this!!
Peace/Love, Vai Sekona

Back
Top Bottom