Hey everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lowsdime

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys my name is Rick I'm from connecticut. I've been slowly acquiring everything I need to do a SW tank, I'm just nervous about taking the plunge into fillin this thing up, here is what I have so far a 46g bow front tank, a remora protein skimmer with the maxi jet 1200, an eheim classic canister filter, and a current light fixture with twin compact flor lights and three led moon lights, I also bought a rodi unit used from a guy at work, I have a few other odds and ends also, and in the next few weeks and paychecks I'm hoping to put together the rest of the stuff I need, to get started. Hoping to get some knowledge, I've read some books so I have a base, just hoping everyone can help me go from empty tank to a nice tank stock with fish and eventually corals

Im In tolland county east of Hartford, how's ur luck been with the ten gallon I've seen a lot of really nice looking nano reefs in the picture section.

Nice I'm interested in checking ur posts out. I wanted to do a small SW like that but everyone told me to go bigger because I'm new to SW and more water would give me a little more chance to save the tank from rookie mistakes which I'm sure I will be making,

imm a rookie too while more water does help you can do a nano this is my first ever sw tank wth the help on here and commitment you'll make few mistakes

Just breezing thru some of the threads on here, you get answers quick and they are from people who have gone thru the same problems

Great! I think next weekend or maybe even this weekend I may go get my sand and salt this weekend, what kind of salt have u had luck with?

Ooo gotcha not used to the lingo yet haha. That's cool i looked at that Brand the other day at the store and ive heard people have ha good luck and it's not crazy expenisice

it's great all around salt try reef crystals if you want a reef its not needed it just has more trace elemments and calcium i beleive

Back
Top Bottom