Hey Everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swimmingfins

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello!
I'm quite happy I've found you all, I've been spying as a non-member for a while and you guys seem to know what your talking about so I'm pleased to join.

As far as aquarium experience goes I have 0. A few years ago I attempted to maintain a 20 gallon tank, I realize I was young at the time but am still embarrassed to say it quickly became a death trap for anything I placed in it. Well I am starting small this time with a 1.5 gallon in my college dorm (don't pick, I don't have the space for a bigger tank, I will not tolerate the whole "ahh your a moron because you think fish can live in a closet" deal, so if you plan on saying that go away please and spare your fingers the typing). I have high hopes of keeping my 3 Zebra Dainos alive and plan on picking up a lot of information from more experienced people around here!

I do have future goals of building my own tank of around 7-10 gallons over the summer if I can be an successful aquarium owner and hope to learn enough to make it the perfect small aquarium. These may be big goals but keep an eye out for me poking around here I'ma give it all a go!

Start off by saying welcome to AA great place! The zebras can grow up to 2 1/2 inches they start out small though (I got 5 myself :)) just wanted to state that out . You probably already know but I like to point out facts :)

Start off by saying welcome to AA great place! The zebras can grow up to 2 1/2 inches they start out small though (I got 5 myself :)) just wanted to state that out . You probably already know but I like to point out facts :)

No, I didn't know that... Guess I better start gathering ideas a bit quicker for a larger tank!

swimmingfins said:
No, I didn't know that... Guess I better start gathering ideas a bit quicker for a larger tank!

Yea maybe betta or shrimp tank (snails?) or something else. Maybe you could still do danio not like they will outgrow tank or anything but active schooling fish that like to be in schools of 5-6. Good luck on you tank hope you upgrade!!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I do plan on upgrading around the middle of summer. I'm hoping to build a 7-10 gallon tank once I feel confident just to keep things simple (you know baby steps) and turning my 1.5 gallon into a backup for sick fish or transport and moving to larger tank sizes as time (and space) allows.

But with all that aside I am starting from scratch again and determined to keep this tank running well before I jump to crazy ideas. I've heard a smaller tank is harder to keep in some respects so I've embraced the challenge in hopes of proving to myself I can handle bigger things.

Hi and welcome to AA:) I am with 'mumma of two' and say i would keep a few plants and some shrimps:) shrimps produce little waste and are amazing to watch,also they will go into a bigger tank know probs:) plus they may breed in there:)

Back
Top Bottom