Hey everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My mollies, tetra, corys, rainbowshark, betta (though monitor how much the betta gets, too often and he'll ONLY want to eat it and not his other food). And my snails all clean through the stuff.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ooo will deffo be getting my fishes some :D

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Something like these three would look cool with all your bright colors in your tank.

Attachments

• 1406411855507.jpg
    1406411855507.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 54
They look wicked we're they from?

They're at my local Petco. They may have it for order online. Its got their store brand tag so may be specific to them.

Just in case useful - nitrates you want to keep below 50 ideally and ph above say 6.4 (depending on fish types). Below 6.4 the good bacteria start to go dormant as they don't like the low ph. Nitrates of 40 to 50 is a warning to do a pwc imo (some people go less, others more). A thermometer for inside the tank is essential.

Many people here will change out between 20 to 50% of the water each week. Using a gravel vac I'd say I spend an hour and a half a week (when not mucking around with plants) so the lfs is kind of correct. We have a new puppy and i think i spend 30mins a week on mopping up after it. On the flip side your now water chemist, vet and can own more gear than raising the titanic.

Your filter should be cleaned in old tank water and not tap water as the chlorine will kill off the bacteria and cause a mini cycle.

I find once a tank is set up and running they do just hum along.

Thank you delapool :)

Back
Top Bottom