Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-09-2012, 04:56 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Talking Hey Everyone! New here an sorta new to freshwater aquarium keeping.

Hi everyone, my name is Steph and I have 2 tank setups. Iv been into this hobby for about 4 years. Im not an expert but I do know enough to keep a well balanced tank (hopefully). My first setup is a 30 gallon with 2 dwarf gouramis, a panda garra, and 3 guppies 2 of which are pregnant (I'm gonna have my hand full in a few days -_-') that is moderately planted with live plants. The second is an 80 gallon with 4 silver dollar red hooks, and 1 ghost knife, and this tank is like the other decorated with live plants. All fish are doing well an very happy. If any of you have suggestions or questions fill free to comment or PM

Old 01-09-2012, 05:42 AM   #2
come get me tang police!

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you and look forward to your posts.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:00 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

welcome to AA! just curious, how long have you kept your gouramis together? i've heard of dwarfs getting fairly aggressive when kept with other dwarfs, so be very careful and monitor for any signs of aggression.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmolly
welcome to AA! just curious, how long have you kept your gouramis together? i've heard of dwarfs getting fairly aggressive when kept with other dwarfs, so be very careful and monitor for any signs of aggression.
Iv had my 2 guys since I started, they are my first fish I ever got so for about 4 years. When I first got them they were lil nippers but over time they mellowed out and now they do really well with any new tank mates. I had originally had 3 but 1 out of the group was really aggressive and would bully everything in the tank, he showed alot of similar characteristics (in temperament) like Parrot fish (I had them in the past) at first he would just guard his area but slowly his area became the whole freakin thing lol. So yeah he went on a trip back to fishy store. I guess it all depends on how lucky you are when it comes to picking a Dwarf Gourami thats more mellow than aggressive

Thanks for the comment
Old 01-09-2012, 04:48 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Welcome to the aquarium advice forums.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshwaterFishJunkie
Welcome to the aquarium advice forums.
Thanks glad to be here
Old 01-09-2012, 05:50 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Welcome to AA!
Old 01-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by snajera7 View Post
Iv had my 2 guys since I started, they are my first fish I ever got so for about 4 years. When I first got them they were lil nippers but over time they mellowed out and now they do really well with any new tank mates. I had originally had 3 but 1 out of the group was really aggressive and would bully everything in the tank, he showed alot of similar characteristics (in temperament) like Parrot fish (I had them in the past) at first he would just guard his area but slowly his area became the whole freakin thing lol. So yeah he went on a trip back to fishy store. I guess it all depends on how lucky you are when it comes to picking a Dwarf Gourami thats more mellow than aggressive

Thanks for the comment
interesting! yeah, i knew depends on the individual fish, but that's great that it's worked such long term!
Old 01-09-2012, 08:05 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I started with 4 guppies 6 months later and I am bringing guppies weekly to the store for credit... To bad they aren't worth more lol anyone ever notice that more females are born than males?
Old 01-09-2012, 08:08 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome to AA!!!

30G- S. and C. America tank
Fishie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freshwater, freshwater aquarium, freshwater fish, new here!!!!!, newbie

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com