Hey Everyone! New here an sorta new to freshwater aquarium keeping.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snajera7

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone, my name is Steph and I have 2 tank setups. Iv been into this hobby for about 4 years. Im not an expert but I do know enough to keep a well balanced tank (hopefully). My first setup is a 30 gallon with 2 dwarf gouramis, a panda garra, and 3 guppies 2 of which are pregnant (I'm gonna have my hand full in a few days -_-') that is moderately planted with live plants. The second is an 80 gallon with 4 silver dollar red hooks, and 1 ghost knife, and this tank is like the other decorated with live plants. All fish are doing well an very happy. If any of you have suggestions or questions fill free to comment or PM :)

welcome to AA! just curious, how long have you kept your gouramis together? i've heard of dwarfs getting fairly aggressive when kept with other dwarfs, so be very careful and monitor for any signs of aggression. :)

blackmolly said:
welcome to AA! just curious, how long have you kept your gouramis together? i've heard of dwarfs getting fairly aggressive when kept with other dwarfs, so be very careful and monitor for any signs of aggression. :)

Iv had my 2 guys since I started, they are my first fish I ever got so for about 4 years. When I first got them they were lil nippers but over time they mellowed out and now they do really well with any new tank mates. I had originally had 3 but 1 out of the group was really aggressive and would bully everything in the tank, he showed alot of similar characteristics (in temperament) like Parrot fish (I had them in the past) at first he would just guard his area but slowly his area became the whole freakin thing lol. So yeah he went on a trip back to fishy store. I guess it all depends on how lucky you are when it comes to picking a Dwarf Gourami thats more mellow than aggressive

Thanks for the comment :D

Iv had my 2 guys since I started, they are my first fish I ever got so for about 4 years. When I first got them they were lil nippers but over time they mellowed out and now they do really well with any new tank mates. I had originally had 3 but 1 out of the group was really aggressive and would bully everything in the tank, he showed alot of similar characteristics (in temperament) like Parrot fish (I had them in the past) at first he would just guard his area but slowly his area became the whole freakin thing lol. So yeah he went on a trip back to fishy store. I guess it all depends on how lucky you are when it comes to picking a Dwarf Gourami thats more mellow than aggressive

Thanks for the comment :D
interesting! yeah, i knew depends on the individual fish, but that's great that it's worked such long term! :)

I started with 4 guppies 6 months later and I am bringing guppies weekly to the store for credit... To bad they aren't worth more lol anyone ever notice that more females are born than males?

i think that actually can be changed by adjusting temperature! i've only seen a few things on it, but it might be worth a shot!

Murano22s said:
I started with 4 guppies 6 months later and I am bringing guppies weekly to the store for credit... To bad they aren't worth more lol anyone ever notice that more females are born than males?

Wow that interesting! My guppies just had fry today. I never knew that there are more females than males. How did you get the store to give your credit in exchange for credit?

Back
Top Bottom