Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 04-17-2012, 03:35 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
tfast500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 27
Hey everyone new here and new to aquariums

I just set up my first tank 2 days ago trying to grasp as much info on the hobby as I can before making first fish purchases. I have a 10 gallon tank unfortunately. I'm realizing my fish selection is limited and upkeep on smaller tanks will be a chore. My dream is a salt water setup in a 55-75 gallon tank... someday so this will be a good learning experience for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1334647217302.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	221.6 KB
ID:	89457  
__________________

__________________
tfast500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:03 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Coursair's Avatar


 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Francisco East Bay Area CA
Posts: 7,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfast500
I just set up my first tank 2 days ago trying to grasp as much info on the hobby as I can before making first fish purchases. I have a 10 gallon tank unfortunately. I'm realizing my fish selection is limited and upkeep on smaller tanks will be a chore. My dream is a salt water setup in a 55-75 gallon tank... someday so this will be a good learning experience for me.
Don't discount a 10g
Love my Shrimps and Nano fish. my 10g all live plants. Welcome to AA
__________________

Coursair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:18 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
tfast500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coursair View Post
Don't discount a 10g
Love my Shrimps and Nano fish. my 10g all live plants. Welcome to AA
Feeding time 10g Shrimp Jungle - YouTube
That's really cool I want to eventually turn mine into a live tank
__________________
tfast500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:00 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canterbury, UK
Posts: 1
Hello
I'm new in here. About two months ago, we decided with my husband, that we are going to have a fish tank at home. we did started with only 35L aquarium and about seven fish (guppy), but we loved it so much, so now we have got another two which is 80L and 180L. Today I got upset, because my bamboo shrimps has died, we didn't know why, but it's seems that I just founded the reason. I pretty sure, I'll enjoy myself in here
__________________
Kasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:12 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasha View Post
Hello
I'm new in here. About two months ago, we decided with my husband, that we are going to have a fish tank at home. we did started with only 35L aquarium and about seven fish (guppy), but we loved it so much, so now we have got another two which is 80L and 180L. Today I got upset, because my bamboo shrimps has died, we didn't know why, but it's seems that I just founded the reason. I pretty sure, I'll enjoy myself in here

you really should have started another thread for this.just sayin.

welcome to AA,both of you
__________________
nearly a year of complete inactivity and still over 4 posts per day. dedication, eh?
alLexX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:36 AM   #6
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin
 
melosu58's Avatar



Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 38,244
Welcome aboard. We are glad you found us here at AA.
__________________

__________________

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank


AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.