Hey Fishheads!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sea Dragon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My kids won 4 goldfish at the carnival a month ago... little did I know that was going to cost me several hundred $$, 3 fish tanks and a new hobby, but I like it and I am learning on the fly...

I can use all the advice I can get, but it started me towards my dream of several years which is to raise sea dragons. Unfortunately, they cost thousands, so I am working my way up slowly. I'm still really confused about cycling.

I started with a goldfish bowl and learned very quickly those don't work! So, then I bought a 1.5 g tank, then a 5 g and then a 20 g. I picked up a male beta along the way and managed to keep the 4 goldfish alive for which I am now my children's hero!

Things have stabilized a bit now, but I want to turn my 5 g into SW. I live on the beach on Galveston Island and want to take advantage of as many natural acroutemonts as I can. I have a 25 ft. seine net and can drag free SW fishies and things up for my tank as well as hopefully use the SW as well.

My first goal is to cycle a SW tank and see if I can keep a few freebies alive, then I want to move onto seahorses.

I need LOTS and LOTS of help and advice! I look forward to this new community :)

Tony

Tips and tricks for your fastest fishless cycle!

Hi, welcome to AA. I am a freshwater guy but this link will give you something to get you going. Please start a thread in the salt water section ( copy and paste what you just wrote in there). The salt water subject matter experts will take over from there.
Lots of helpful folks here and glad you found us here.

You're welcome. Don't be shy to ask questions.

In the forums there is a section for saltwater and reefs. I use the app on my droid most of the time. If you have a smart phone then I highly recommend getting it, free!

Hey welcome to AA, wow, your really getting into it :D I started a few months ago with my goldfish, and just now am thinking of learning about community tanks :p Im still too scared to try saltwater haha... but If you start a thread on your journey for ur sw tank, I'll definately be checking up on it regularely!

Back
Top Bottom