Hey from Tennessee!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

haydenlee

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! I am new to the fish world & have just bought a 55 gal tank from craigslist. A friend gave me a stand that I'm not to impressed with & am looking to build a new one with a canopy. Any suggestions?

I am planning on setting the tank up as SW. I need all the advice & information I can get. I havent bought any filters, heaters, sand or anything. I just have the tank & a light that came with it.

I have done some research. So far I know that I am interested in any combination of the following fish: Red Mandarin, Kaudern's Cardinal, Blue Spotted Puffer, Clownfish, Auriga Butterfly, Damsels & Foxface. I also like bumble bee snails, spiny star astraea & red chocolate chip star fish. I need some input as to what has worked with you all. The lady at my local fish store said that they could all live together, but I would def need a bigger tank. So PLEASE any suggestions?

What equipment...live sand...water conditioners...test kits & decorations have worked for you with a combination of any of those fish!

Thank you all in advance!

Hello haydenlee! Just thought I'd let you know that if you are just starting out with fish, and have never owned a SW tank, I would think twice about that for now.

Personally I would start a freshwater tank if I had never had a tank before, and see how that goes. Keeping an aquarium isn't a simple task if you do it right, and keeping a SW tank is even more challenging.

Freshwater fish can be just as beautiful. Start browsing around the cichlid forum and you'll find beautiful fish.

Just my two cents:)

Also.....please do research on fishless cycling! It will save you a bunch of headaches! Read this:http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f15/fishless-cycling-for-dummies-103339.html

Welcome to AA!

Feel free to post your questions in the specific forum and you'll get better feedback from the members there.

Back
Top Bottom