Hey guys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrainiacPaul

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all,
Just thought that I might as well introduce myself seeing as I'll be using this site a fair amount by the looks of it. :)

I have been keeping tropical freshwater fish for about 3 years now and I am about to start a new journey as a breeder, and I joined this site so I can do it right first go. :p

Still at school and aiming to get into Marine Biology at Uni in 2 years time.

Currently I have an 80L aquarium which was my first, a small 30-oddL aquarium and I will have a custom built 145L aquarium in a week or two (which I intend to breed my much loved Bristlenose Catfish in) and currently, across the 2 tanks, I have 19 fish:
1 clown loach
2 kuhli loaches
2 pakistani loaches
3 silver dollars
2 electric yellow cichlids
1 zebra danio
1 black ghost knife fish
2 upside-down catfish
and 5 Bristlenose catfish
+ 2 plants currently in rehab :lol:

Aaaaanyways, I hope I am accepted into this community of fellow fish keepers and that I can offer some advice from experience (although 3 years may not be much in the hobby). :p

Hello! Welcome. I hope you post some pictures of your BN plecos. I just got a baby albino BN pleco and he is pretty much the cutest thing ever. :)

Thanks for the welcome guys.

absolutangel : what size is he? last time I bought a baby albino BN he didn't last too long because the LFS sold him too early and I was too inexperienced to know any better. Some LFS's are a bit unscrupulous when selling their fish and just want to make a quick buck.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

absolutangel : what size is he? last time I bought a baby albino BN he didn't last too long because the LFS sold him too early and I was too inexperienced to know any better. Some LFS's are a bit unscrupulous when selling their fish and just want to make a quick buck.
he is about an inch and a half or maybe 2 inches. how big should they be before they are sold?

OK lol, that's about the size they should be sold, I though you meant less than 1 inch and was a bit worried for a sec lol. One of my LFSs sold me an albino BN that was just over half an inch when I was only starting out with fish keeping without any warning and the poor little fellow died a few days later. :(

BUT now I know better, thankfully :p

He seems to do alright lol, he chills out with my silver dollars(strange, I know, I didn't think silver dollars tolerated bite-sized friends). I have been looking to get him some friends, but my LFS hasn't had them since I first got him. So I'm still on the look-out for some.

Back
Top Bottom