Hey, I'm Alex

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xander95

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

I'm Alex, 19, and live in Warner Robins, Georgia. I'm an Aquarius for those of you who follow the zodiac, and I'm an avid lover of aquariums! Even before I was a year old, I have always had fish and aquariums in my life. I have my father to thank for introducing me to the hobby, as he had a simple 40 gallon community aquarium, of which I would sit and stare at for hours on end; literally. I can also thank the hobby for getting me to Canada. In July 2013, I went and met a close friend of mine, whom I met on a fish forum similar to this, and now, I go to Canada about every six months, furthermore I now date a French Canadian. It truly is incredible where something as small as a fish can take you. But, big things have small beginnings. I am a lacto-ovo vegetarian; I do not consume fish or seafood, and it was the first meat I stopped consuming at a very young age. I am fluent in French, but also study several other languages including Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, German, Dutch, Russian, and Korean.

Now, on to the fish!

I have kept every thing from goldfish, to salt water, though I currently just have one aquarium;

Recently, my male convict cichlid passed; he was 7 years old. I bought him, and his wife from PetSmart in 2008, when I was in 8th grade. He truly was a survivor. And since he passed, I decided to depart with the world of cichlids, and begin a brand new tropical community aquarium.

55 Gallon:

- 2 Dwarf Gouramis; 1 Flame Red, 1 Turquoise/Neon Blue
- 1 Red Tailed Black Variatus Platy
- 2 Red Wagtail Platys
- 2 Mickey Mouse Platys
- 2 Rainbow Platys
- 4 Corydoras melini
- 4 Angelfish scalare
- 5 Serpae Tetras
- 14 Neon tetras

I understand I may be overstocked with this aquarium, however, I have always enjoyed an aquarium full of fish. I do not intend on adding any more fish to this aquarium. In turn, I have over 300 gallons of filtration, I perform weekly 50% water changes, and I am constantly checking the pH, NO3, NO2, KH, and GH, which are always normal. Furthermore, I am turning this aquarium into a planted aquarium, which will help balance the water. I will have pictures soon!

In the meantime, I hope to get to know everyone in the community, and have a wonderful time here!

Hi Alex,

Welcome to AA! I'm a planted tank enthusiast myself. Looking forward to seeing the transformation. Join us in the planted tanks section when you're ready. Meanwhile, explore and have fun in AA! :)

Back
Top Bottom