hey new here from MN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlid_keeper

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Kinda new to the hobby I have a 75 gal cichlid tank, and didn't receive the best advice
On wat types of cichlids I could mix, all of the fish are 2.5" or smaller right now and seem
To be gettin along well but I'm sure it won't last, I have 2 jack dempseys 2 blue joannis 2 peacock 2 convict 1 bumble bee, an all yellow african not sure wat kind, and an orange one with white patchs its a south american not sure wat kind was wondering which can stay and which ill have 2 rehome and maybe some info on what kind I can mix

cichlid_keeper said:
Kinda new to the hobby I have a 75 gal cichlid tank, and didn't receive the best advice
On wat types of cichlids I could mix, all of the fish are 2.5" or smaller right now and seem
To be gettin along well but I'm sure it won't last, I have 2 jack dempseys 2 blue joannis 2 peacock 2 convict 1 bumble bee, an all yellow african not sure wat kind, and an orange one with white patchs its a south american not sure wat kind was wondering which can stay and which ill have 2 rehome and maybe some info on what kind I can mix

Welcome!! Glad you're here :D

cichlid_keeper said:
Sorry if I wasn't supost 2 post a question in this section

You could ask a question here. I just don't know much about cichlids lol. Another member will chime in.

Or you could start a thread in the freshwater and brackish category.

You could ask a question here. I just don't know much about cichlids lol. Another member will chime in.

Or you could start a thread in the freshwater and brackish category.

For sure thx man, after realizing I've used a forum before;) I made a new thread in cichlids topic

cichlid_keeper said:
Hiya! Welcome to AA! The main issue with your stock is you have a mixture of South American and African Cichlids, both require different ph and different dietary needs. The Convicts and Dempseys are SA cichlids the others are Malawi. It is also not recommended to mix Peacocks with Mbuna but it is not unheard of, I have a Peacock with mine. I'm not sure what the one with the bump on its head may be, possibly Blood Parrot or Flowerhorn? The yellow one you described is a yellow lab :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom