Hey, New to AA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thebluyak

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone, I have been lurking around for a bit just getting some information and thought id finally introduce myself. My name is Ryan, I will be a sophomore at the University of NC Greensboro this fall. Im currently waiting to obtain a 55 gallon tank for my apartment. Its being used at my house right now so im getting anxious to get my tank started. Ive always liked fish but never really had anything more than a 10 gallon tank
Here is my future plan:
55 gallon tank
emp 400 filter w/filter floss instead of carbon
200 watt heater
low-wpg lights, around 1.5
AP master fw test kit
of course a python
Eco-complete substrate
good number of low light plants, java moss, fern hornwort etc, whatever else anyone is throwing away on here
driftwood in middle to provide cover and hiding places
4 Red belly Piranha's
10 neon tetras
1 pleco
After I get the family situated I will add more piranha-compliant fish but for now that seems like it will suffice.

Welcome to AA!!!

Wow, do the piranhas leave your neon tetras alone?? They don't see them as snacks? :)

I havnt gotten them yet, but yeah they will leave them alone. I have been reading that they can co-exist together very well, the tetras clean up the left over food and help keep the tank clean, they might be eaten if the piranhas were not feed often or there were to many in one tank which would make them extremely aggressive.

Welcome to AA Ryan! You're not too far from my parents in Statesville, NC> We normally fly into Greensboro when we go to visit! Again, welcome :)

Back
Top Bottom