Hey! New to forum... 55g freshwater planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MMarr91

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey! I've had my aquarium for about 6 months.. Had no idea I was about to get into it and then got REALLY into it...! Its a lot of fun, so I thought Id join and share the process from when I first got it to where it is now

Current Fish
4 Rasboras Tetras
2 Rope Fish
2 Pearl Gouramis (1m 1f)
4 Angels (1 large 3 medium)
1 Clown Loach (had 2, have to get another one)
3 African Dwarf Frogs
4 Dwarf Gouramis (2 powder blue, 2 neon blue/flame)
1 Dalmatian Molly
2 Plecos

Some things I've learned. Don't get 2 male pearl gouramis! One gets dominant and gets aggressive, towards the other male and also gets aggressive towards dwarfs! Take the aggressive male out, put a female in, and then that male became aggressive towards dwarfs!

Rope Fish will eat neons and rasboras (shouldn't be news to anyone lol). In total of last 6 months I bought 12 neons and 6 rasboras. 4 left, I have nothing else that would have eaten them!

1 of my clowns got hole in the head =*( Not sure how I always have good water conditions! My lone clown does just fine by himself but he was much happier with a mate

All my angel fish are so peaceful with each other. Wonderful fish.

African Dwarf frogs are really fun to have! They always pop out at the most random times

---

I was doing DIY CO2 but stopped. Now I use A fertilizer and Seachem Flourish for Carbon. Works great for me. My anacharis is yellow and dying but I think its because I usually have my tank at 78-80. Considering lowering it to 75 as a general temp.

130W Lights total. I use airstone at night to ensure water holds sufficient oxygen levels

I feed flakes during the day, and a brine shrimp/bloodworm mix with the lights off. I feed bloodworms in the day 2-3 times a week for my angels and gouramis (well... everything seems to like them lol)

I am thinking of getting rid of my pearl gouramis and hopefully exchanging for a clown fish. I have lost my love for this type of fish =( sad.

Let me know what you all think!

Attachments

• IMG_5689.jpg
    IMG_5689.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_8337.jpg
    IMG_8337.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_8450.jpg
    IMG_8450.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_9451.jpg
    IMG_9451.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 68
Hi, welcome to the forum :) nice set up!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom