Hey there from ky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ccdb82

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I'm christy and I have a newly setup 50g and an established 30g. I stumbled on this site when looking for info on butterfly fish, I have mostly convicts and a few dempseys, which as soon as is cycled will be moving to the 50g. I found this a few days ago and have been reading ever since! So glad there is a place other than petsmart to get advice from. There aren't many stores around here anymore that aren't chain stores, and can actually give you advice because they have experience.

Welcome! Yes, thank goodness for this site. Would not have 3 planted, community tanks ,that I enjoy immensely, without the people here that have helped me. Best of luck :).

Where in KY are you from Christy? I'm in louisville. And don't listen to anything from pet smart!! Most of those people in the fish department, the only thing they know is what came in those labels they put the price on!! This is the best place for advice. Welcome to AA!

Where in KY are you from Christy? I'm in louisville. And don't listen to anything from pet smart!! Most of those people in the fish department, the only thing they know is what came in those labels they put the price on!! This is the best place for advice. Welcome to AA!

I work at petsmart and im very knowledgeable about fish! But yes most are complete morons

That's why I said "most" lol. I will always remember an associate there telling me that it was ok to put cardinal tetras in the same community tank as a jack Dempsey when I was still new at this hobby many moons ago. Boy that was an expensive 24 hours of 12 cardinals at the time.

That's why I said "most" lol. I will always remember an associate there telling me that it was ok to put cardinal tetras in the same community tank as a jack Dempsey when I was still new at this hobby many moons ago. Boy that was an expensive 24 hours of 12 cardinals at the time.

Kinda like petsmarts 24 hour cycle rule! I called them out on it and the manager of petcare was like oh we have to say that. I then explained to her wat it means and how long with and with out fish should take. They only say 24 hours because they make more money!?

Kooblis I am in mt. Washington, and not downing petsmart I have actually not had bad info from them but I have also done my own research before hand too lol. Our 1st convict we got came from petsmart and he is beautiful now, and the woman there that day was very knowledgeable but she also had her own personal setup at home. So I trusted her she actually was eyeing the one we bought she said if he hadn't sold by the end of her shift she was coming home with her! But feeders supply is the closest pet store to our home and I don't really trust them when you ask them a question and they say ummmmmm let me ask so and so if they know and I'm like nah ill wait and then research at home. We are really excited about our 50g and I've already gotten a lot of great ideas so I am loving this lol!

Awesome! Post up some pic once you have it set up and running. The only fish store I go to consistently is sandys. Oroville there is very knowledgable, almost too knowledgable that he has to be reminded at times that his costumers are on a budget lol. Green tree in Indiana isn't bad either, probably has the best fish price..

I do love pet smarts occasional $1 fish sales though. I wish they would carry celestial pearl danios and sell them for $1.00!

Back
Top Bottom